Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmf sport vs Big gun evo vs fmf powercore 4, which one should I buy and why?

·
Registered
61 Posts
fmf
big gun
hmf
that would be my order i have the powercore 4 s/o and love it. sounds great and has noticeable power behind it. big gun and hmf make alot of unnecessary noise lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just good ol riding, no racing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but i'm not sure what. dont really care anyways everyone runs loud exhaust just dont piss off the wrong people

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Big Gun then but buy the quiet core ,just in case.
Just curious why you would not consider the Barkers ?
Its a very very good exhaust . :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm on a limited budget at the moment. Really sick of the stock exhaust, so want to get a slip-on and eventually upgrade. Might end up going with a barkers with income tax, not sure yet. I've heard tons of good things about barker, sounds to me like its probably the best one to go with, but just wanted some opinions on the others.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it really that much better? Also, if I got the full exhaust the programmer does the ehs lid kit really necessary?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You don't need the lid but you will need the programmer

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is the difference between using the lid and not?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Pretty much. I got it so that water wouldn't splash over the tank and into the front opening. But unless you are getting the side vents and all then I don't think its a big deal

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it really that restrictive to just leave the stock air lid on?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the HMF and my best friend bought the barkers for christmas... i'm jealous, the headpipe on the barkers is bigger and the exhaust looks great. The headpipe is also made out of a solid pipe whereas the HMF is welded when it necks up. if I had to choose over again I'd go with the barkers in a heartbeat. And my buddy found his for around the same price as HMF anyways. Call Eric at EHS, let him know your a member of the club and see if he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the lid isnt necessary but the programer is. u could get a betten but more $$ pcll or pcV

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I find that the Barkers , EHS programmer and lid is a dam fine setup. All 3 work together. IMO. :D
Plus talk to Eric at EHS Racing , real nice guy and always has some sort of deal for members. :tup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the HMF and my best friend bought the barkers for christmas... i'm jealous, the headpipe on the barkers is bigger and the exhaust looks great. The headpipe is also made out of a solid pipe whereas the HMF is welded when it necks up. if I had to choose over again I'd go with the barkers in a heartbeat. And my buddy found his for around the same price as HMF anyways. Call Eric at EHS, let him know your a member of the club and see if he'll hook you up.
Well how about you strike me a deal Xstriker on your HMF and then go out and buy the barkers for yourself:hey:

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think aesthetics and sound were the largest deciding factors for me. id rather have a pipe that i like the look of even if it made .27hp less that the competitor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.