Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was playing in a big pit earlier with my buddy on his ltz 400, and i climbed over this huge pile of 3/4 rocks when i got stuck at the top. He gave me a tug and got me over the top, when i got to the bottom there was a big squeel like a rock was stuck so i stopped. Then he said "dude u got a flat tire" and sure enough it was flat. A rock got stuck between the rim and the mud scraper and actually went through the rim.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
get a patch for a tire and put that on the inside of the rim. hey u got it easy the a tire i got has a hole the sise of a dime in it....

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
get a patch for a tire and put that on the inside of the rim. hey u got it easy the a tire i got has a hole the sise of a dime in it....

I dont think that will work patches have to vulcanize to the rubber tire

you might see if it can be welded

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
it will work it did on my ferinds 700r. or try j-b weld

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts

But you never said you wanted tires LOL, you just need rims, I was giving you that darn tire for free LOL

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
But you never said you wanted tires LOL, you just need rims, I was giving you that darn tire for free LOL
yep ik. hey that plug u had in there lasted about ten hours it probaly still be there it that guy didnt over shot the 70ft table top at twister.

who would pull a trailer Porche :confused::cry::lmao: u gota put that pic on here crwh45

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an extra front an rear rim as i bought a set off ebay to replce two that i had already hit a rock with, anyhow i am going to take it to the local machine shope to see if they can weld if for me so i'll still have back up, i'm having real good luck with these rims. I want to buy some aftermarket ones but i dont want to go to the 10inch.

·
Registered
788 Posts
This stuff fixes anything. My buddy had a Rabbit with a fuel line leak and this fixed it five minutes. I love Jb weld, Duct tape, and crazy glue.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys, i got some jb weld and used it on the rim since your so presistant lol. We'll see how it holds up just as soon as i damage another rim :lmao:

·
Registered
287 Posts
you can weld it, I welded up mine . Been racing on it for 6 months now.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Guys, JB weld is badass stuff, but it is thin and drips, use QUICKSTEEL instead, it is like JB stick, but stronger and more heat/chemical resistant and fully cures and is drillable/tapable/sandable/paintable in ONE HOUR compared to JB welds 20 HOURS !!!

Trust me as long as you follow the instructions (sand well, clean well and mix it well untill it turns warm in your hand, squish it in there from both sides, smooth it with a wet finger (i use a smooth damp rag around my finger) wait one hour, sand smooth and BOOM, good as new) it WILL work and is GREAT for trail repairs on almost ANYTHING...

JB is more sutied for when you have a need for something that will flow into a corner you cant see or something....plus who wants to wait 20 hours to ride ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.