Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Hollister Hills SVRA, California (May 2011)

945 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  iNick 
#1 ·
I flew my brother in from Ohio to get away from the rain and enjoy some riding like we use to do with each other while I lived back home. A small group of us drove up to Hollister Hills to enjoy some trail riding and some Jeeping.

If you haven't been to Hollister, I would highly do so. The place is large, very very well maintained, consists of mostly 1-way trails, is cheap ($5 for day use for $10 if camping), has multiple dirt bike tracks, ATV only track, and even an onsite store with all your camping and off-road needs. To make the photos easier to view, I posted a link to the album in my fb...

enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.740524546106.2248378.39502334&l=d1d1567907

#7 ·
Thanks everybody! I finally took the time to upload a avatar, profile pic, and signiture.

I took my brother to Pismo Dunes also on the way back down to SoCal, to give him his first experience with dune riding. He freaking loved it, I was such a nice younger brother I even let him ride my XX most of the weekend. There was this huge sand dune in the back side of Pismo. I decided to climb it so I had my 300ex full throttle in 5th gear approaching the hill. I get just at the crest and I lose all momentum and start digging my tires in. There was no way to get it out forward so I walked it back down in reverse. The 2nd time I got even a bigger run and go and again had it pinned in 5th gear... made it finally. My brother feathered the throttle on the 700xx while he climbed the hill in 3rd gear, lol totally different machines. No paddles on either btw.

If anybody ever adventures out to Hollister, let me know bc I'm itching to go back already! This time I'll tear the trails up on a smooth and powerful 700xx and not a slow and rough 300ex lol.

#8 ·
Also, I have a picture in my album that's been waiting for a moderators approval for a month now... does it usually take this long?

#9 · (Edited)
I go to Hollister all the time because it's so close... Very nice place to ride.
I usually am the only one with a 700xx though... There are times that I do spot others with a 700xx and I always stop to talk to them and invite them to join here.

I will be out to Hollister again the weekend of 6/9 - 6/12 with a large group from Nor-Cal ATV... We'll be at Madrone Camp which is the camp that's all the way back. I'll probably be there just for the day on Saturday. Come on out and join us.

roadkill

#11 ·
I will be out to Hollister again the weekend of 6/9 - 6/12 with a large group from Nor-Cal ATV... We'll be at Madrone Camp which is the camp that's all the way back. I'll probably be there just for the day on Saturday. Come on out and join us.

roadkill
Awesome! My friends and I were considering going up that same weekend since it's the only weekend in June all of us will be in state. I just may have to meet you up there so I won't be the only 700xx this time lol.

#10 ·
Nice pics! love the look of the places u ran at. theres nothin like it here =>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.