Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I put some strips of inner tube around my bars and clamped them on if it wouls help reduce some vibration. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
hmm not sure it might but it might cause it to slip as well

I am having a stem made off my bent stem for a mod quad anti vibe clamp very simple design will not cost to much to make

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
lol, Take pictures and share your results. I don't believe it will be very efficient.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
So the other week I was stupid, and bought new weights b/c I thought I needed them as the old ones were yanked out, but then I realized I never used weights in aftermarket bars, so I just but a crap ton of wax in the bars. I believe Baxter says that he uses silicone.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, Take pictures and share your results. I don't believe it will be very efficient.
Yeah I'm sure I'd need a lot more than an eigth inch of rubber to make a difference. I do have Renthals and ODI grips. I may try weights in the ends. I've read where Harley guys wrap steel bar with inner tube ans hove them in the ends. More mass means less inertia for the vibrations. I'm going for the Precision clamps in a few weeks. My hands get numb after an hour of riding and I'm looking for a temporary solution.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The cheapest solution would be to pump the bars full of silicone. I did this to my protapers and it helped!!
1 tube is all you need.

·
Registered
734 Posts
:hey:

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
574 Posts
Plain old clear silicone from Home Depot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My friend that races GNCC swears by silicone filled bars. He also runs an anti-vibe clamp and CNC stabilizer, though. I gotta say the whole combination makes his bike ride like a dream.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plain old clear silicone from Home Depot.
Do you fill the entire bar? My grip end go into the bars and tighten with an expansion screw. I imagine I should leave room on the bar ends???

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've heard of BB's being used, has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Filling them with lead shot maybe.....

They would dampen vibration but add a ton of weight. No Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Regular old silicone injected with a caulking gun in your handlebars and steering stem is supposed to help a bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts