Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just got done with my first seat cover, it was hard as all hell lol lets start from the begining.

first and formost i wanted to use some of my origional seat cover, just the center portion ( its the black section on my seat cover ) so i knew in my mind what i wanted so i took a black marker and drew on the seat cover while it was still attached.

once the seat cover was off the seat, i cut that center section out and laied on on a silver section and made a silver section that was identical to the black ( for a future seat cover project ).

the section where the silver or gray was cut out of i sewn the black section to it. then laied it over the seat and pulled and stapled just a little to get an idea of how it would look, then cute the letters for my nick name "hawk" then i sewn them on the back of the seat cover and pulled and stapled and so forth and so forth, after every thing was all said and done i took a little wax and a hair dryer and waxed the seam and took a hair dryer to melt the wax into the seam ( and on my letters ) and their you have it.

on my up comming cover where the gray is i think ill do a black gray checker patter like a checkered flag or somthing

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nice Work! I like the color combo. You're a regular Betsy Ross.:yay:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the hawk,
Nice job! How long did it take to make the pattern and do the sewing? You must have a heavy duty sewing machine. Keep up the good work.
Sid

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had it all done in two days, i could have had it done in a day but i was using a regular heavy duty staple gun, i went to walmart and seen an electric staple gun, it looks like a nailing gun, i had every thing stapled in 45 min tops that really made the job easy

·
Registered
243 Posts
The seat looks great! I was going to give u a hard time about the sewing and hair dryer..... then I realized I am just envious of a true renaissance man! However, it looks as though you took your seat to bed and had it pose while you snapped pictures. Creepy!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
:tup:Great job, Hawk! Looks awesome!:rock:Wish I had a cool nickname to sew on my seat!:cry:

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahah its a nick name my friends at work gave me 2 or 3 years ago.... it stuck and girls like it so ..... i dont mind the name so i though wtf ill put that back their in place of that warning sticker thing thats on the seat...... on the sides i wanted to do honda but got impaitant and wanted to get the seat cover on

·
Registered
551 Posts
Might have been too much then! Looks great!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, i was thinking i might do a few if any one is intrested, if you are let me know and maybe we can work somthing out, i def would give awsome deals

was thinking of doing one that said "700xx.com" on it

·
Registered
243 Posts
thanks, i was thinking i might do a few if any one is intrested, if you are let me know and maybe we can work somthing out, i def would give awsome deals

was thinking of doing one that said "700xx.com" on it
You ought to come up with one that you can replicate over and over. Maybe 700XX across the back (because that is where most people would see it, as they are usually trailing us) and Honda on the sides. A solid color might be easier, but the two tone does look good. If you came up with a seat that looked good (on both colors of 700XX) and posted some pictures here, the orders would come rolling in. Come up with a price that is fair for your time and materials. I for one would be interested!!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well lets get it rolling for the red and black guys i can do black in the center red on the sides

for the black and silver guys i can do silver in the center black on the sides and

and 700xx and honda in the respective oppisit color if i make just the seat covers and send them out i would like to get ehh lets say ill give the first few people a good deal of 85 shiped and if every thing works out for them ill do a few more.

if i have to stretch it over your seat and staple it you pay shipping both ways for your seat and ill do it for 130 bucks iam also willing to trade my services for

1) a pair of fox comp 5 boots in white or alpinestars tech 3 boots in white or gray must been in pretty good condition

how ever make offers on trades fox chest protector ( air frame ) just various articals of gear ill even do partial trades

·
Registered
551 Posts
Where u loceted at Hawk? State? Just wonderin for the shippin.:rock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts