Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a left-over 2007 250ex for my g/f. Brand new ..2799 ... wondering if anyone knows anything about this machine. i realize its no racer and its carburetor ... which i dislike ..but oh well i guess.

the reason i picked this up is because of the sport clutch. it seems to be a happy medium between a clutch and an auto-clutch being it has both. She has zero idea how to use a clutch ...so this is the best learning quad i think.

any opinions/suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yep u made a good investment on the 250ex with the sport clutch cause later on when she wants to learn to clutch u can switch it over. i let my wife chose which one she wanted to ride lol the yamaha yfz450 or the 700xx well she said the 700xx but i said i want to use it to lol i think clutch is better on the 700xx to learn than on the 450

·
Registered
102 Posts
good choice any honda is going to be a good reliable machine. I sort of feel everyone should learn on a clutch, its a good thing to leanr incase they ever need to use one. but the sport clutch is good too, I just dont like when parents by there kids fully auto quads just cause its easier. they should make them learn, dont give in just cause it will be easier for them.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I just bought a left-over 2007 250ex for my g/f. Brand new ..2799 ... wondering if anyone knows anything about this machine. i realize its no racer and its carburetor ... which i dislike ..but oh well i guess.

the reason i picked this up is because of the sport clutch. it seems to be a happy medium between a clutch and an auto-clutch being it has both. She has zero idea how to use a clutch ...so this is the best learning quad i think.

any opinions/suggestions are appreciated.
I did the exact same thing, but an 08' when i bought my 700xx and those are the exact reasons why I got hers for the clutch. It's actually alot of fun to do wheelies on :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
We bought an 06 250EX for the kid and it's been a great machine that's easy to ride, but still fun for all. I would recommend different tires to eliminate some of its tendency to lean under hard cornering. The maintaince is a snap also.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
We bought an 06 250EX for the kid and it's been a great machine that's easy to ride, but still fun for all. I would recommend different tires to eliminate some of its tendency to lean under hard cornering. The maintaince is a snap also.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree, some holeshots/razrs would flatten this thing out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts