Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda of Tulsa in North Eastern Oklahoma....

Anyone else have bad experiences with them? I have taken non-Honda atvs, Honda atvs, Honda dirtbikes, and Honda motorcycles to them and it seems every time I take one of my toys to them; I get screwed. Estimated service time, service quality, attention to detail, price; you name it :steamed: ALL BAD.

I have talked to a couple other people with Honda toys, and all seem to agree. BOHICA

I have since preformed all maintenance on my own toys; save money, learn and a feeling of accomplishment. However, I don't have access to a garage or a place to work on them, so my driveway/trailer is where i can work. :disgust:

If anyone knows of a reputable Honda service location in North Eastern Oklahoma; SPEAK UP!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
FUX Honda of Tulsa. I hate them. I don't recommend them to anyone.

The only dealers I go to are M&W Powersports (Kawasaki) in Broken Arrow and K&N Yamaha right beside the Turner Turnpike by the truck stop on the Tulsa/Sapulpa line.

They have great customer service and so far haven't screwed me.

But for the most part I do all my own work. There are just some things out of my ability (like motorcycle tires and other stuff like that)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
B:bend O:over H:here I:it C:comes A:again :hey:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I hate Honda of Tulsa, too. I sometimes wander in there to look at new models, but their prices are SO hilariously high, you can't even look at them with a straight face. I've never had anything serviced there, but have had good luck with M&W and K&N, just like k1500. I remember when I was about to buy my 700 in Bartlesville, I asked Honda of Tulsa if they wanted to try to compete. They said oh, there's no way we could sell one for less than $7k, and no, we've never heard about that dealer rebate you speak of. At the time, Bartlesville had them for $4700. SCUMBAGS!! It was a similar story when I bought my Can-Am (my first quad). HoT wanted $7500 for a 3 yr old new bike, I bought one in Shawnee for $7200 that was 2 years old, new, and an XT ($1000 option). HoT told me there was no way they were interested in price matching, that I was getting ready to get scammed in Shawnee. So, either they have no idea what the motorsport market is doing, or they're actively trying to screw people. I guess if you get 1/10th the sales but make 10 times the profit on that one, there is a lot less paperwork to fill out...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I bought my XX in Bartlesville too. I think I paid $4600 for mine though. MustangGH god screwed because he had to take out a loan. I think he ended up right around $5k.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
It was 5200 same as mine and that was w/ a 4y service warranty not because the loan I paid cash for mine

I can't say anything about honda of tulsa I've never purchased anything there or had anything serviced there

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Well then i wont tell ya how much my bike went for in my currency converted to US dollars :p 20 hours

Ill tell you anyway 11k $ :)

Ur stuff is cheap as hell!!!!
thats why i import stuff for the honda, not that there isnt any parts here but anyway :p

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Well then i wont tell ya how much my bike went for in my currency converted to US dollars :p 20 hours

thats why i import stuff for the honda, not that there isnt any parts here but anyway :p

wow for 11k I would of sold you my 700 twice!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Man, I really do feel for you guys. I considered trying to take a transfer to Egypt a year back or so, and that's what kept me from doing it--I'd have a hard time giving up my hobbies. We're EXTREMELY lucky to have a huge market for hobbies, so a hard-working guy here can have several different ones. GravyKing, how do your long-lost brethren in Iceland have the time and money for so many incredible powersports? Those hillclimb things they have there are the reason youtube was invented.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

I paid $6,700 (£4200) for a secondhand one. I looked into shipping one from the US but the £1200 ($1900) delivery charge made it expensive.
At the same time there was another one for sale , Road legal for £7800 ($12480).
Other than tyres , oils and riding gear .Everything else bought is supporting the US economy.:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I paid $6,700 (£4200) for a secondhand one. I looked into shipping one from the US but the £1200 ($1900) delivery charge made it expensive.
At the same time there was another one for sale , Road legal for £7800 ($12480).
Other than tyres , oils and riding gear .Everything else bought is supporting the US economy.:D
just bought a 700xx. the 2 brothers silencer on it was so loud, I was ashamed to drive down the street(before the snow and cold weather hit). called honda of tulsa for repacking mat`l $30 plus tulsas high sales tax. called "and bought" action cycles on admiral $9.95 plus tax. also got on the lathe and made 3 little wide open baffles for it, seemed to work, bearable now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
honda of tulsa

also. I left my wallet on the parts counter when buying oil-filter for my 700xx. called them later when I realized it was gone, they had it upstairs in the office. went to pick it up, Rusty (one of the owners) had it , wrapped w/ a rubber band, complete-intact-everything in it. may be high on parts and labor, but this speaks for itself !! thanks Rusty !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts