Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
im feeling some undoubted frustration in this post! lol I totally agree, but I don't think honda had the best performance in mind when they built this bike. I love it to death, but it seems like with every part on it......there is so many shortcomings. drunk post.....sorry

·
Registered
29 Posts
dual exhaust ports, more power stock, aftermarket, and just plain more capabilities to make raw power......why bother designing a new head when they easily could have modified the xr to fit and make an overall more enjoyable machine

·
Registered
57 Posts
Didn't they redesign the head to make a lower seat height? Or have I got this confused with a different part of the motor?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
They tweaked something on the engine to make it shorter than the XR650 to the lower seat height of the 700xx. I can't think of what it was tho.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ok, so i'm not very smart with stuff like this.... you couldnt just buy a xr650 head and put it on the 700 and it would run right? if not then how hard would it be to modify it to work?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
They tweaked something on the engine to make it shorter than the XR650 to the lower seat height of the 700xx. I can't think of what it was tho.
connecting rod was shortened

1 - 14 of 14 Posts