Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so sometime in May i was riding the xx through some rough trails when the steering stem just let go causing me to loose steering resulting in a little roll-over, wasn't going fast due to being rough so luckily didnt get hurt but was very pissed. Anyways took it back to the dealer i got it from in Feb. of 2010, told to took check it out for warranty, told them if they wouldnt cover it dont fix it cuz i would just buy one aftermarket and fix it myself. They said no problem they will tear it down, take some pictures and send them in to honda to get approved. Couple days later i called and they told me no problem parts would be in by the end of the week. So he called the end of the week and told me to come get it and that was that. well today some 93 days later i get a phone call from the dealer, telling me that Honda Denied the warranty claim and he would be sending me the letter from Honda ALONG WITH THE $273 BILL!! Told me there was a -800 number i could call and talk to Honda about it. I was so pissed i didn't know what to say to him so just ok we'll be in touch. But i think this is the most ridiculous stunt thats ever been pulled, and in no way to i feel obligated to pay the bill 93 days after the claim was filed. O yea they said the claim was denied due to mis-use of the machine or from accidental damage.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, but your dealer should of told you before hand that Honda wouldn't cover this. I know this is kind of stupid, these stems are pretty weak, but you have to look at it from Honda's standpoint. Unless they hear a ton of problems with the stems just failing from material issues on not from mistreatment or rollovers, then they are not going to feel obligated. I personally would talk to your shop after you call honda and explain to them even though they wont care, but talk to the shop and tell them you specifically said you wanted aftermarket if honda wasnt going to cover it so you wont pay a red cent due to them being incompetent, and maybe you can make out a deal, to pay half or something. They probably wont go for it though. Crappy situation. But warrantly claims usually only work for things that Honda can CLEARLY see was a manufacturers defect or something of the sort.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just think its BS that they fixed it and now 3 months later telling me o yea by the way we arn't going to cover that, really stupid why would they fix it in the first place instead of telling me that they had to wait for the claim to go through, i thought that was the point. I'm just really unhappy about the whole situation

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I say you take the parts off, return them, and tell them to shove it!... then you can get my Houser setup at a good price!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a lawyer and go after the dealer!
Good point however I think it would cost more for the lawyer plus all the aggravation, o yea forgot to mention earlier that i recently started school and went to pick my paycheck up from work on sunday and my boss told me that the shop was shutting down for good, so i have no job to pay for a damn thing anyways. no job+college=no $$$, but at least i have you club700xx guys for support and just letting me vent.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You have no responsibility to pay them 90 days after the fact. I assume you got paperwork from them showing that the parts were replaced under warranty? If so, simply tell them that you will not be paying them and that they need to deal with Honda. They told you it was covered 90 days ago...you're done with them. They cannot do anything to you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
to the point made by crwh45, Honda won't cover it unless it was clearly a defect from manufacture, assembly, part quality, etc. If you have your machine back, with the parts installed, don't even entertain the idea of paying the dealer. They should have received authorization prior to "honoring" the warranty. That mistake is on them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Folks, it just goes to show no matter where you are in the world, Honda have crap warranty.

Overlord

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have no responsibility to pay them 90 days after the fact. I assume you got paperwork from them showing that the parts were replaced under warranty? If so, simply tell them that you will not be paying them and that they need to deal with Honda. They told you it was covered 90 days ago...you're done with them. They cannot do anything to you.
I never received any kind of paper work, never signed anything when i dropped the machine off authorizing them to do any such thing, never signed anything when I picked the machine up. Dont know if that helps or hurts me

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have to agree, screw them haha. I wouldn't worry about it, b/c trying to get their money isn't worth their hassle either.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I honestly do not think you have anything to even consider. You signed nothing.
But if you pay them? Dont forget when I did work on your truck and car and other 3 quads the bill is 20k and I take cash only and no you cant have a receipt. lol

But seriously? this sounds like a attempt to double bill. Dont report them just ignore them if anything comes of it. fight it and turn them into Honda and tell them u took it to them to look at it and you got it back and was told covered by warranty, but make NO contact till it becomes something.... in court etc... Dont talk on the phone could be recorded or email or letters if you must go down there and talk face to face and take a witness.

Just my experience in these matters being as Murphy's law is like the way of my life

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive been through this situation before..THE DEALER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FEES/PARTS/LABOR COSTS because of the verbal agreement you had before hand. Its the dealers responsibility to get approval by Honda before fixing the machine. If they didnt have approval, they shouldnt of fixed it. Theyre at fault..just another typical dealership with a bunch of dummies runnin the parts/service department. I bought the extended 4 or 5 year warranty, hopefully I dont get the run around if anything happens, because obviously what the dealer says and Honda says are 2 diff. stories

·
Registered
239 Posts
that sounds real suspicious... i work at a dealership and we know within the hour if it is going to be covered by warranty and if it is the technician signs the paper work so he gets paid and when signed its covered and no turning back on any kind of payment. I had something like that happening to me i was out riding with friends on my so called friend wasnt paying attention and turn and nailed me. I was knocked unconcious and in a coma for 3 days. However, while i was unconcious he told the state trooper that i got mad and rammed him in the back. But after leaving the hospital later his insurance sent me a bill for $3700 dollars for the damage "I" did and also the police sent me a ticket for reckless and enraged driving with harmful intentions??? WTF... but like captamer71 said don't talk on the phone with them because you might say something meaning one thing but they can alter in to make it sound like you meant something totally different.... dealerships, insurance rule the world!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the dealership sent me a letter in the mail with a payment plan of $50 a month and if they dont receive payment by some date then further action will be taken. I didn't do anything about it and the date has passed and I have not heard anything so maybe that was just a scare tactic to get me to pay. I dunno but there not getting a dime from me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good glad its all ok for you. I also purchased the extended warranty. My dealer was petes cycle and they told me that If anything ever happend to my quad it would be covered regardless for the 4 or 5 years. Hope I never get any issues.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought the extended warranty too... hope it aint crap

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also purchased the ex. warranty. Because I ride alot and I don't baby the bike. So far my dealer has changed 4 tie rods, 3rd, 4th,& 5th gear, the shift drum, a shift fork, and the main shaft in the trans. All that and I haven't paid a dime. The shop I go to is Honda only. I believe that your dealer has alot to do with it.
If they came back to me asking for money I would tell them they are S.O.L and they should have got the money before they gave the bike back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah i'm still under the factory warranty until february. I also bought the extended warranty hope its not crap too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts