·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there have a hot cam for there 700xx yet

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
will be getting the stage 3 hot cam april 15 to go along with...sry not telling!:birds:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Does anyone know if the stage 3 cam will work without head work? in other words a drop in install?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Does anyone know if the stage 3 cam will work without head work? in other words a drop in install?
everyone ive talked with has said no

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks Remington..I guess we are waiting on you..:steamed::lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im hopeing it is all gonna work out scrambling to get the money after elka purchase.lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
i have been thinking about going stage 3 cam with a cp piston and oversized valves bascially the same as the alba desert and enduro kit except using a hot cam(looking at $1300.00 all up) but yeah i am waiting to see about these big bore kits aswell i think as a drop in maybe stage 2 dont qoute me but i think the stage 3 cam says something about a small amount of engine work

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
yeah im actually not doing much at all just a port and polish on my head and the cam and the guys doing my engine said ill be fine still run pump gas and all and should get about another 6-10 hp for about $800

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i dont guess you all seen the test in atv 4 wheel mag a few months ago . they put an 11:1 cp piston stock bore with a stage 3 hot cam and an fmf slip on exhaust and no fuel injection controller and what a pickup they didnt have no dyno run though but its got to haul . no porting or oversize valves. they did all that for less than 900 bucks. ALL bolt on test. they liked it. i may do that in the near future for starters .

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
just ordered my stage three hot cam from ebay offered 140 and they took it will keep yall posted:yay:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If its even slightly close to a true 12:1 the weight of the XX will ping the engine on premium pump. Raptors dont get away with 12:1 except for the ones in higher elevation.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yep, to be sure your dead reliable with premium pump gas. Dont be surprised that at close to sea level and hot summer days it may still ping a tad with the weight of the XX against full throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
so i even preordered my cam and there backordered till the end of may!:steamed::steamed:.
just got conformation the 4-15 release date is wrong not avalible till mid-end of may

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.