Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now looking into the cp 11:1 piston and an debating between the stage 2 hot and Webb cams. Anyone have experience with these? Is one majorly better than the other? Hot cam is cheaper and doesn't seem to have a core charge like the Webb cam does. I want to go with stage 2 so I dont have to change my springs or rockers. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
626 Posts
i have been told the web cam makes more power it has bigger ramp angles i think the hot cam stage 3 is a drop in cam aswell i also believe that the web cam is a welded and regrind cam and the hot cam is not this is why there is a core charge for the web however mate i could be wrong i am no engine wizz i was going to go a hot cam and then decided on a web cam

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I can give you my thoughts. With that said my engine builder would not use the hot cam so it was not a option for me. The Webb cam is forged/welded steel and tend to have a more aggressive profiles. I do not think you even need springs or rockers with their stage 3:confused:

There is also the China vs USA thing also:lol: J/K

·
Registered
201 Posts
i only know of hot cams in 450s and the web will out run them ANY day of the week...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I assume the stage 2 Web Cam is the 694 grind and the stage 3 is the 290? If so, per Web Cams website both require hardwelded rockers and valve springs. Even Web's bottom of the line cam for the 700XX recomends the rockers.

I know a bunch of people who run the Hot cams in their 450R's, never heard of any problems with them. No testing to prove it, but I would think the Web cam would make a little more power then a Hot cam. Web also regrinds a stock cam, hence the reason for the core charge, while Hot cam is an all new cam.

If you are trying to get every bit of horsepower you can, I would go with the Web cam. If you are just looking for a good boost in power, go with Hot cam. Depends on your budget also. By the time you buy all the recomended items, the Web cam is going to be alot more expensive.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have always used Hot Cams, never had any problems. They are all just drop in cams. Web Cams you have to pay more, plus pay a core charge or else swap it out with yours. They make a tad more power all depending on your build, but you also have to change out your rockers and stuff. Just a thought. If money isn't really an issue, then go w/ Web Cam as you can get a few more ponies, but will be paying a whole lot more.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The difference in price ends up being about $60. I talked to Eric at EHS and he said with the stage 2 you dont need rockers and springs even though they say that. Anything more though and he says you do. Where can I find the hot cam in stock though? I looked at it says they are out of stock on the stage 2. I am currently leaning toward buying the stage 2 kit from Alba which was suggested by Eric. It comes with everything and Eric says he has maps I believe for this setup.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the stage 3 hotcam drop in too? I wonder the power difference between stage 3 hotcam and stage 2 webb cam. And now that I did some digging I found the Hotcam stage 2 or 3 for $156 on Ebay or Alba selling Webb Cam stage 2 on Ebay for $209 which is cheaper than their website. I am going to have to call them tomorrow to see if they will hook me up with a better deal. Chuck, are you running with the stage 2 or 3 now? and did you upgrade your springs or rockers?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crash... I have a brand new Webb Stage 2 cam 200.00 No Core and shipped. You can ask Eric it has maybe 2-4 hrs on it and he does have the maps from my quad to go with it.
Thanks but if I can get a brand new one for $209 I would rather spend the extra $9 for a new one, unless you are going to go lower on the price if so then pm me and we can talk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but that gets refunded and what the heck am I going to do with my stock cam? I am never going to use it again.

Regardless I think I found my buy. On ebay they have the CP 11:1 Piston, Stage 2 Hotcam, all needed gaskets, and a K&N Air Filter (which I dont even need but this bundle is still cheaper than ones without it) for $499

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I have big 3 if i put in a stage 2 cam any ideas how much hp im looking at? 5? Or???
With the Webb stage 2 you will make 50-52rwhp, if you get it dyno tuned. I have no clue what the hot cam will give you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts