Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my HC3 today took about hour and a half... Big gain over HC2 feels like a better torque curve and makes it spin really easy now. But did anyone with the HC3 have a tick from the engine appear? Is that normal with this cam or no? i adjusted valves like 4 times just to make sure they were right but when i installed it and checked it i noticed one exhaust valve was way to tight after the first run and afraid i might have bent a valve... is the clearences that low? This is a good Bo question lol!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Your supposed to re adjust the valves after the first 30 minutes of above 3,000 rpm riding. They could be out a little after break in. Mine ticks too and ive heard that it's normal.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run synthetic Honda oil now and I soaked the cam in gn4 for 24 hours I was just wanderin if it was unusual to be that loud... being an auto mechanic that much noise is not good but like the other post it sounds like my valves are out of adjustment but I will run it and if something worse happens I will fix that with performance parts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
you didnt bend a valve unless you had it about 2 teeth out of time. they just need to be reset a lot of times i run the tolerences on the tight side they usually quite down then. there is supposed to be some noise there is an explosion going on with pieces of metal moving in harmony and thin aluminum cases

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks make a tad more sence now.... eric do you have any contoller settings for my setup?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks red n black i completly forgot about that thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts