Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added A Hotcam Stage 2 Today,took About 2 Hours From Start To Finish,not Bad With My Limited Skill Level.took An Hour Of
"light Trail Riding At 3000 Rpm" To Break It In Proper...the Longest Hour If Ever Spent On The Quad.can Say Without Any Reservation That This Is A Good Upgrade.still Have The Same Low End Grunt But With A Very Nice Mid And Top End Increase.
Revs Thru Each Gear Fast And Strong With No Dip In Power.ive Had The Quad For About A Year,upgrades Include,yosh Slip On,velocity Air Cleaner ,ehs Air Box Lid And Power Comander Fuel Controller,i Felt That The Cam Was The Next Logical Step In The Quest For Power !

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would have done a full exhaust before messing with the engine but stage 2 cams are pretty reliable also.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
2nd

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
nice! this winter i will be doing a stage 3 and porting along with a few other thing glad to hear its workin for ya

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
man we always seem to be doing the same things to our quads remington
thats because we know how to build some bad ass quads mate. oh god im talkin like you now.lol

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Is there flirting going on here, MATES????

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
schucks, you caught me lol

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Which Hot cam would you suggest ?

I will be running :
Aftermarket exhaust
EHS lid or no lid
slight or no porting to head
11:1 piston on pump gas
250r Uni filter

I will be doing XC , MX and a little supermoto.
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas. :D

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Baxter I would go with the Web Cam 694 grind number.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I did the stage 2 with pretty much that same setup. I have rode it only once since and it was in the snow but it felt good. I wasn't able to get into the higher range stuff but I had a 14t sprocket on and the low end felt like I had the power and torque of a 13t.

I am still suprised the starter of this thread didn't go just a touch deeper and change the piston as well. Also a full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I read some bad things about web cams on raptor forums that got me leary of them

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did the stage 2 with pretty much that same setup. I have rode it only once since and it was in the snow but it felt good. I wasn't able to get into the higher range stuff but I had a 14t sprocket on and the low end felt like I had the power and torque of a 13t.

I am still suprised the starter of this thread didn't go just a touch deeper and change the piston as well. Also a full exhaust.

Its all about the $dollar$ bills folks.....some of us are low income cowboys!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. I went into the engine out of necessity not want. Then I was happy with the results (I think as I only had it in the snow for 15 min)

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking at 11:1 cp and adding a stage 2 cam. I have been told the web 429 is a good cam and see you guys have the hot cam stage 2? Which is the better cam that will make more power. Also what cam does alba sell that is a stage 2?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts