Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hotcams make their own stuff they do not re-brand. As a general rule they only make drop-in cams.......that means ease of install and they are stand alone needing no more mods to make them work. Saying that sometimes you need to repress de-comp etc: it will be listed.

While they are not usually as radical as say a Web cam they are a performer............

In short Hotcams do good stuff; they perform while trying to maintain reliability. I like them alot.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Ozlinc pretty much said it all, Hotcams is a known quality cam company

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Atv4wheel action magazine did a test on a hotcam ina 700xx. they put a stg3 hotcam stock valve springs and valves with a stock bore 11:1 piston, and fmf factory 4 slip on and they said it really woke it up. they didnt even put a fi contoller on it. this was in the dec. or jan issue of last year

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would recommend having a plan of what you are trying to accomplish before changing something like the cam. I am not saying I am an expert in fact I don't do any of my engine work but there are several members and sponsors here who are, I would decide what you want from the bike and have someone help you make it work. I have heard that Hotcams are a quality product. If I am not mistaken EHS contacted them to grind our cams but they could not deliver in time. Mine is a custom Web.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.