Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got a cheep induction hour meter ($20.00)for my 700xx when it was new. here is a link to find the same one. it works great and helps with maintenance schedules. the link is from ebay if it is expired the one i bought is called an inductive hour meter.
its easy to put on just wrap the wire that comes with it around the spark plug wire 5 to 6 times and ziptie it so it dont come unwrapped and thats it i just ziptied mine to the handlebars but you can put yours any were within reach of the wire that comes with the device it only counts time when atv is running and its water proof.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Indu...3403879QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
it even comes with detailed instructions

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No pictures/descriptions of the mounting, install or finish?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Not trying to give you a hard time but this is a "How to" section, This section should be limited to detailed post so that it doesn't get cluttered :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just bought one of these hour meters. Hopefully it holds up well. The only problem I forsee is getting to the spark plug.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just installed the hour meter today. I mounted the meter to the black dash cover right next to the honda emblem. The wire goes from the back of the meter, through the gas vent hole, under the front plastics, to the spark plug boot. Wrapped the wire around the boot a few times, zip-tied, and started up the bike to see if it worked. Everything was legit. The hour meter only flashes when the bike is running and counts times. It reads 1/10 an hour. Perfect for maintance. I would recommend.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BLK84 - Do you have a link to where you purchased it? Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Let me check where I got it...

·
Registered
132 Posts

·