Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put on my houser +1 steering stem and noticed the front looked to be a little toed in. I tried adjusting the tie rods but it only seemed to get worse? My question is... is it supposed to be like that? My bike before looked like it was slightly toed out. Now with the new stem it looks slightly toed in? I did have to flip the tie rod ends to face upwards in order for the end links to mount onto the new stem. Thats all i did... any idea's???

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! Tie rods go on the bottom of both sides. Ceballos was trying that I told him they go on bottom. Can send pictures if you like.
I run about 1/8 in toe-in racing desert. More toe-in will make the rear come around easier and alittle lose at hi speed. Toe out will be harder to turn and really solid at hi speed. Sometimes I run straight up!!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It fit good, I just wasn't sure if the wheels should look slightly toed In? It seems as though when the wheels are at full droop they are more toed in then when I'm sittin on the bike?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here ya go!

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
you want to set the toe in at ride hight

·
Registered
287 Posts
did you see them Bax?

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ok thanks Jeff! It's just slightly toe'd in. I wasn't sure how that would affect handling.
If you do alot of tight trails and not alot of hi speed toe it in alittle more. if you do both run it at 1/8 in see how it feels adjust if needed.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
So do I set the toe with me on the bike?
Phone a friend , I set mine at 6mm (1/4")toe in with no rider. Done it for years. Just don't try 10mm toe in , It gets scary in 4th ans 5th.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts