Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok question is can i run the stock break lines for awhile with the houser arms. there only 3/4 wider and there is some slack in the lines already.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I was thinking of going this way as well when I was checking out the Elka shocks... Decided not to go with long travel a-arms, but found out that you did need to change the brake lines according to the Houser site. I don't think it's just a matter of how much wider they'll be, but how much extra travel they have... Too much for stock brake lines according to Houser.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not really... I run the stocke lines with the long travel Laeger's... should I run longer ones? Definitely, I just don't have the money for them right now

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything will be here tomorrow problem is im leaving weds for the dunes and dont know if ill have time to set everything up. so if i dont have to worry about the breaklines till i get back it would be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Not really... I run the stocke lines with the long travel Laeger's... should I run longer ones? Definitely, I just don't have the money for them right now
Good info to know. I was just replying from what I was getting from Houser.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
yea i know what you mean... Technicaly, you should run them, but can get away with it. It's more of a liability issue, in my opinion, that any company would say that.

so to clarify, YES, run the proper lines... I just don't, lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess ill just save them for last and see how it goes. might even be able to do it when i get up there. talk about cutting it close though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts