Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In another thread I posted some Houser stuff and thought that I might should post it here too.

Honda:TRX700XX (2008-09):A-Arms (Long Travel)

Anyway here are a few improvments from Houser that are reportedly on Wayne Matlocks Baja winning über quad:http://www.houser-racing.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Honda:TRX700XX+(2008-09)

Honda TRX700XX 2008-09, A-Arms, Long Travel, Maximum Ground Clearance, Slicast, Gloss Black, +0.75" Wide, +0" Forward, TricTrac Upgradable with conversion kit 040701. Size makes ATV 49" wide. Note: May require longer brake lines (sold separately), part number 011223. Used by Pro Desert Rider Wayne Matlock.
$874.99 Add to cart

Honda TRX700XX 2008-09, Steering Stem

http://www.houser-racing.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000D37-1230129845

Honda TRX700XX 2008-09, Steering Stem, +1" Height, Gloss Black. Note: Requires handle bar clamp 010701 or 010702 sold separately. Used by Pro Desert Rider Wayne Matlock.
$230.00 Add to cart

I didn't see any steering dampeners yet....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
81 Posts
i think im goin to buy that long travel setup thats not a bad price for LT my buddy paid over 2k for his setup on his raptor. i just have to make sure its not to wide to fit in my truck, cause the stock width barley fits.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What kinda truck do you have?

99' toyota tacoma. when i pullt it into the back of the truck i roll over the wheel wells, and when its pulled all the way to the fron of the truck i have about 2" of space between the tire and the bed, on both sides.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have a 2004 that I stuffed mine in.

Since my bed is short than the rest of the tacomas, and the front wheels want to smash themselves into the space between the wheel wells I made a wooden "platform" for them to set on.

When I had my funky (and incorrect offset) raptor paddles on it was "exactly" as wide as the back of the bed and actually hit the sides of where the tailgate folds in.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
221 Posts
if houser actually releases the a-arms they've been talking about for a year now id be shocked. roll had had a set apparently for a while now but say why put them out when the 700 is already dominating the baja circuit.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...and his answer:

Gary,
Nice to hear from you.
We are sponsoring Wayne Matlock this year with him running the 700xx. We got hooked up with him thru Harold Goodman. We have sponsored Harold for a number of years. Last year Harold teamed up with Wayne for a number of team races. He talked us into backing the team.

We finished up the front end long travel a-arms and a reduced "bump steer" steering stem last week and shipped them to Wayne. He called us on Wednesday, 1-7-09 after his first test with them. He seemed to be extremely happy with the handling. We used a long travel shocks and set the front end up to have 11.5" of wheel travel. Same setup as for MX except with 1" more wheel travel.

Using 23x7 Maxis tires on douglas rims 4:1
The shocks are 18.12" free length, 5.875" of stroke , width is 49.5" at 9" ride height.

Using 21x7 stock tires on douglas rims 4:2
The shocks are 18.5" free length, 5.75" of stroke , width is 49.1" at 9" ride height.

The reduced bump steer steering stem is based on using this setup.
Wayne is using these in a race this weekend. Maybe you can get a comment from him on how they work.

We have not started on the back end yet. Since we just picked up the 09 YFZ450, we will be developing product for it before we get back to the 700xx. When we make a-arms for the rear, I would think that they would be similar width & travel as the front end. One thing that can take some time is getting the axles made.

Hope this has been some help. Since I am not all that familiar with the people who ride the 700xx, do you feel that there is a market for these products?
Thanks,

John Houser

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah I have a 2004 that I stuffed mine in.

Since my bed is short than the rest of the tacomas, and the front wheels want to smash themselves into the space between the wheel wells I made a wooden "platform" for them to set on.

When I had my funky (and incorrect offset) raptor paddles on it was "exactly" as wide as the back of the bed and actually hit the sides of where the tailgate folds in.

Its scary putting mine in my truck cause its lifted 4" 33" tires. i only got the extended cab not the double cab so my fronts roll over the wheel wells, and fit snugly between the front of the bed and wheel wells for extra security.

·
Registered
11 Posts
LT Set up for Front and Rear would be fantastic.
Keeping it at 50" would be ideal as folks that would buy this would be racers.

I can't wait to see what Houser makes for the rears.
Front set up looks great.

<----Desert and Dunes riding.

·
Registered
221 Posts
sonic has a rear in production now.. well they have one completed and just waiting for the rear mounts to be machined.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts