Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey. I'm in the market for a couple of ATVs. I've done a lot of research, and I think the TRX700XX is for me. I grew up with a Honda Big Red 3-wheeler, then moved on to riding streetbikes in my early 20s. I had a YZF, and two GSXRs. Now with a wife and kids, it's time to get us a hobby.

I'm looking to spend about $4500 on a low mileage, stock or basic bolt-on TRX. I'm open to all advice. Especially what problems to look for when shopping used.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If your willing to travel you should be able to find brand new for that price. Welcome aboard and you picked a great Atv.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best price I have found in Texas so far is $5888. It came to over $7000 OTD. I'm still looking though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The first on listed has a sparks exhaust system. Very nice setup and not cheap. The exhaust a lot of guys like are th sparks, barkers, I believe there is a prototype from dasa out(there not gonna make anymore), the ones listed are the higher dollar ones also.I would ask to see what type of programmer he has on it. Most people on here will tell you to stick with an ehs, power commander 3 or 5, and vortex. I wouldn't worry about buying one with the big 3, especially one that has plenty of tread left on factory tires, they don't last very long. The second one listed almost looks like a members ride. Can't remember his name but he has the red front renders and Rears. But i also believe he has rims and tires and some other stuff.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks pretty good to me, what did you end up paying for it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm paying $4K for it. I jumped on the deal because they are scarce in Texas. And the dealers aren't budging. I ticked off a dealer in Dallas, he said, "We are not interested in doing business with you." Ha ha.

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's funny, glad you got what you wanted. It is an awesome ride for trails, you will probably get tired of going through something and having to wait on your friends or pull them out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man. The black one is my favorite. I'm gonna have to black out the wheels so it matches my Titan.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
awesome man, I got the grey one and didnt realize the color matches my truck almost perfectly, kinda a nice surprise, haha.

BTW, im from the houston area as well, hit me up if ya wanna go ride sometime.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got mine this past July for around 5K, I traded my 05 GSXR 750 for it. My bike was mostly stock, and the 700XX had around 2K in aftermarket goodies, that I wouldn't have to buy. Miss the bike, but I didn't ride it much because it was too nice for me to ride to work, and it wasn't much fun in my area. I have already had more fun on the quad since I had it than I did on the bike after 3 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awesome man, I got the grey one and didnt realize the color matches my truck almost perfectly, kinda a nice surprise, haha.

BTW, im from the houston area as well, hit me up if ya wanna go ride sometime.

I'll do it.

I'd like to find some places I can take my little boys. They are the reason I'm getting into this sport. I needed to find a family hobby we can all do. My father in law has 250 acres and a track-hoe in Crysal Beach. We are gonna build a little track soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got mine this past July for around 5K, I traded my 05 GSXR 750 for it. My bike was mostly stock, and the 700XX had around 2K in aftermarket goodies, that I wouldn't have to buy. Miss the bike, but I didn't ride it much because it was too nice for me to ride to work, and it wasn't much fun in my area. I have already had more fun on the quad since I had it than I did on the bike after 3 years.

I was big into bikes for about 5 years when I lived on the West Coast. I had a 98 GSXR 750 and a 03 GSXR 1000. But riding in Houston is just asking for trouble. I'm done with them unless someday I move away from here.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I'll do it.

I'd like to find some places I can take my little boys. They are the reason I'm getting into this sport. I needed to find a family hobby we can all do. My father in law has 250 acres and a track-hoe in Crysal Beach. We are gonna build a little track soon.
Awesome, having your own track/trails is always nice.

Ive only been to two parks out here so far

The first is Down South Off-Road in Crosby, and its a nice place. It can get a little crazy out there sometime but for the most part its pretty tame. its geared more towards mudding but there are still some nice trails to ride. Really no rules here other than no glass containers of any kind on trails. Night riding is allowed and is a lot of fun.

The second is the sam houston national forest in new waverly (between conroe and huntsville). Its a huge place (100 something miles of trails). The only problem is that there is a maximum width of 50" for atvs and i think the 700xx is 47" so the trails can get tight. Also, it is public hunting land so you may run across a hunter or two in deer season. Their rules are kind of tight, no night riding, must wear helmet, must have spark arrestor, and some other stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't know there were ATV trails at the Sam Houston Nat Forest. That is awesome. I live about 10 min from there. The only place I have been is Spring Creek. But it closed down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts