Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I make the stock exhaust less restrictive? I don't want to buy another exhaust.

Is it possible to take the spark arrestor off. If so could someone explain it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah you could take the 3 bolts out and pull the spark arrestor out then take a holesaw and cut threw the first baffle. I took my sparky out the other day and it made the xx sound like crap plus it didnt run as good so it seemed. If you took a holesaw to it you would probby want a fuel programmer though because it may run lean. If you holesaw it you can then put the spark arrestor back in "too cut the sound some" or you can even cut the arrestor pipe and screen off and just put the end cap back on to work as a quite core end cap. Hope you understand what I'm sayin lol.

I have done several different exhausts this way in the past with good results along with rejetting the carb and a more open intake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I already have the FMF efi controller and uni air filter. I'll try it out thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
you can order a 3d power tip just opens her up a little and its a shiny piece!!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
you can order a 3d power tip just opens her up a little and its a shiny piece!!
Yep, it does sound a little better and is within legal sound limits. But that's about it... no power gain. It is better than stock however... and it's shiny... roadkill like shiny things.

roadkill

·
Registered
45 Posts
You could take it off. Throw it away, and call EHS and get a Barker put on. But that would be a little more costly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts