Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride on tight wooded trails and barely hit 4th gear on my XX, and I never see 5th. So, I'd like more useable power and torque to spin the new 22" ITP tires that are on my quad. What is the easiest way to do this without sacrificing reliability? I definitely don't want the chain to pop off all the time. I have a ALBA Full-System exhaust with intake and PCM 5 w/O2 sensor.
Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I ride on tight wooded trails and barely hit 4th gear on my XX, and I never see 5th. So, I'd like more useable power and torque to spin the new 22" ITP tires that are on my quad. What is the easiest way to do this without sacrificing reliability? I definitely don't want the chain to pop off all the time. I have a ALBA Full-System exhaust with intake and PCM 5 w/O2 sensor.
Thanks for your help!
I would go with the 13 tooth front sprocket. It's a quick easy mod that makes the quad way more user friendly in the tight stuff. This was the very first mod I did to mine and it was definitely an improvement over stock.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Yep go with a 13 tooth front sprocket

·
Registered
231 Posts
The good thing is that it only cost about 25 bucks or less so you can't really go wrong and is probably one of the best mods you can do

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Thanks for your help!
I may not fully understand your question here, and definatly not sure on the chain poping off part? Any way heres my thoughts. I dont think theres much you can do if you ride in tight wooded trails and are wanting to be in 4th and 5th gear! I ride simular trails and have the 13th front sproket. Must of the time I stay in 2nd to 3rd gear. And I have stock exhaust. Ive herd those with big 3 dont like the 13th, but for the price give it a try.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...24&prodFamilyId=2105&listingId=&sizeAttr=1656

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
ive tried a 12 tooth and I ended up shifting wayyy too much. But then again, its easy enough to swap them out so you might as well try it, you might like it.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
or get it geared right

·
Registered
237 Posts
The guys with the extra power (big 3 or more) don't have gearing problems in the tight trails, it is a turning problem. You may want to check into the sway bar or replacement upper a arms. Check out the sponsor section at the top of the forum. Ed or Kyle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts