Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really like wearing a backpack when I go ride and always end up giving drinks, tools, etc. to the guys on the 4x4s that I ride with to carry for me. I was wondering how any of you carry tools or anything else with you. I have seen a rear grab bar with a little tool box that would be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
For me, I use a camelback bag with just the minimum of stuff in it. I usually don't carry much in the way of tools, because it's usually OTHERS who need the tools. However, I don't wear the camelback, I just sling it over the bars backward and use a small bungee cord to secure the bottom to my front bumper. Headlight is blocked, but grill is open with only the bungee cord that low.

roadkill

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't carry too many tools either. The only thing that I really take with me for tools is a socket for my reserve tank because the handle fell off, and then I'll take tire plugs. I guess where this question came from is that I will drive out with my XX to go fishing and it is difficult to hold a rod and drive a clutch as well as tie down my tackle box somewhere. I also need to figure out a good place to hold a drink while I'm driving.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I currently carry a small back pack but I would like to get a six pack rack for long trips. The only thing that may suck is if I get a aftermarket pipe the rack may not fit.

I also need to figure out a good place to hold a drink while I'm driving.
This is the only place I found that sold beverage holders. You have to scroll about halfway down to see it though. Too bad the resort is out of buisness. Some guy got drunk and went on the mx track with his utility atv and tried a large double. He came up short and went head first into the next berm with no helmet and broke his neck which killed him. I wonder if he had a beverage holder with a beer in it?

http://www.bunkhouseretreat.com/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a sad story. That place looks like it was a lot of fun. I personally don't jump on my XX once I open a beer, and hopefully many learned from that guy's unfortunate mistake.

I do like the cup holder, except I'm not sure if I'd prefer it on the handlebars or just someplace to keep a drink until we stop for a break.

·
Registered
788 Posts
As of now I do carry a backpack but....I am looking into getting the camel pack for future rides. Just enough storage for cell phones and smokes and fluid of course but slim enough looks comfortable.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
PRM 6 pack cooler rack, you can carry adult beverages and bungee a tool bag to it .

·
Registered
217 Posts
AC Six Pack Rack - plenty of room for everything.:hey:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'd love to have that last one, the cargo rack. Just wish there was some kind of quick disconnect feature so that I could take off the rack when storing the quad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Dad has a BMW motorcycle and they have detachable bags and trunks that are waterproof. He has a trunk on the back of his bike that locks in place, don't know if it will hold up to all the rough riding of a 4 wheeler...I have tank bag on my Foreman450es...works great and may end up getting one for the 700xx...may have to modify it so it want hang to low and get by the exhaust on the right side...if all else fails just goto Wal-mart and get a cheap backpack in the camping section. I got one for about 20 bucks and works great for trail riding..even has a mesh pouch on the side for a water bottle. So you can ride and reach back grab your drink without having to take your backpack off...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts