Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you cure the backfire ? In tight woods riding ,sometimes it would backfire and stall.
Would like to cure this.:confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Any mods on it like exhaust, removed baffle, no lid, fuel controller? This is usually caused by a lean mixture. With more info we can help. Also note that quads are usually a bit lean from the factory to pass emissions tests, so a fuel controller (like dobeck, lexx, power commander 3 or 5) should be the 1st thing on your mod list.

·
Banned
711 Posts
i got the lexx programmer and after a good ride to get things moving i almost never have a back fire any more it might back fire once all weekend of rideing

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes, mine would do that in stock form as well - drove me nuts on climbs where I would blip the throttle.
Do you like Bo's tune or you "lean" tune better? Someone said something the other day that made me think I might still be running a little lean.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Do you like Bo's tune or you "lean" tune better? Someone said something the other day that made me think I might still be running a little lean.

Hind sight being 20/20 I think that I may have:

1. Over oiled my air filter and the air filter oil got on my plug.

2. The rings didn't like the honda synthetic and oil was slipping past the rings.

3. The Oil filter was a K&N and it didn't let the oil lubricate correctly.

I'm not sure. I know the oil was black as shit and the plug was black as shit, and honestly I think it's on of the latter two than the map being too rich.

They say you get experience when you didn't get what you wanted.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.