Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching all over for some type of protective film.. Graphics are ok but I really dont want skulls on my new quad. Any clear graphics that are pre cut?

I researched and came up with adhesive shelf liner, but that ended up sucking..

3m does not make any product for atv plastics that I am aware of.... most only stick to paint.

That said, what do you use? I really want to keep my quad looking like new. I know the plastics near the pegs is doomed, as well as anything underneath.

Suggestions? Shrink wrap? anything!

Edit: I also found this site... http://www.atvgraphics.org/ they have some templates for the 250R.. If I could get the correct dimensions, I may be able to have someone cut... just a thought

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Leave it in your garage. Otherwise, get it nice and muddy, and scratch the crap out of that black plastic and get it over with. I painted the plastic on my Raptor (black), and it held up real well except at the high abrasion areas, or where it was scratched deep. Black plastic looks great until you ride the machine, then it sucks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
find i 3m clear bra dealer we had a guy bring in his 640,000 porche to be detaled when we were done a vinal rap place came and wraped the whole car in a protective clear film they can wrap anything

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you don't want the plastic to get scratched leave it parked. You can do everything to it and it's still going to get scratched. That's just the nature of the hobby. If you want to keep it looking new buy another set of plastics.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't want the plastic to get scratched leave it parked. You can do everything to it and it's still going to get scratched. That's just the nature of the hobby. If you want to keep it looking new buy another set of plastics.
I hear ya.. just wanted to do the right thing before I went out... kind of a last chance you know?

I may just go the graphics route and deal with a bunch of cool looking skulls (uggh)... then I can remove or whatever.

And your right. I plan to keep this bad boy for a long time. So when it comes down to it.. Maier makes some sweet replacements...

Wouldn't it be nice to have something clear that takes the abuse and not just accept the fact or nature of it?

Introducing my new company..

4 skin- We make clear graphics to protect your investment.

I am actually talking to the local 3m window guy. He is buddies with the all balls crew and a couple of other distributors. Lets see what happens. Think of the market, its huge!

·
Registered
984 Posts
3M makes a clear protective film for automotive applications and can be found at any auto body supply shop.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
3m products stick to painted surfaces, not plastic... Comes directly from my 3m contact.

I am in talks with an AMR guy who will make clear "graphics" for the quad. It is extremely thick stuff..

I plan to ride as gnarly as i can.. I think this stuff is up to the task.

Overall its $100 for the cut clear graphics... he may reduce the price for a group buy.
If your plastics are scratched to he!! then yea, not worth it.

I think the market is the dealerships. I would have paid for this. But i guess it all depends how it looks.

If and when I get this (hopefully before my ride in 2 weeks) I will take some pics.

Anyone else interested? If not thats cool.. And feel free to pooh pooh the idea, that is what forums are for.. Running of ideas and the like.

Edit: Anyone heard of fixing plastic with a heat gun and sand paper?
Dan

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I've got 3 words for you guys. Silkolene Pro Prep.

Wash your quad REALLY good- spotless. Then spray the pro prep on it... ALL OVER. If you have an epoxied floor, DO NOT DO IT ON THE FLOOR - YOU WILL BUST YOUR ASS! It makes it sooooo slick.

But you will have black fenders that look unscratched :D

I'll get a good picture of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts