Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tires down on a trailer or in truck. I might even use a strap. HAHA
flatbed or it just fits in a dakota quad cab with tail down.

·
Registered
788 Posts
In the back of the Silverado on all fours.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Second that. The 700xx likes riding in the back of the Duramax.

On the same thought, My first quad was a 660 Raptor and I had two trucks - an '86 F150 and a '77 Toyota Hilux. It was a pain to load it into the F150 because the truck had big tires, etc., but I built a little frame to fit in the back of the Toyota with a "box" that fit between the wheel wells and little ramps on the front and back. That way I could set up my drive-on ramps when the tailgate was down, drive the quad up and into the bed of the truck. When the front tires touched the front of the box, I just put it in neutral and left it there. On the back, there was 1/2" or so between the back tires and tailgate, and since the quad was sitting on those "little ramps" inside, it couldn't go anywhere (no need for a strap). I really wish I would have taken a picture of it. It was simple to do and I'd recommend it for anyone with a smaller truck (one where the quad can't fit between the wheel wells).

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
+1... Silverado 2500 with 8' bed. I can drive much faster not having to tow anything. Get there quicker = more time to ride.

roadkill

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I want to buy an enclosed trailer next, I'm tired of having everything out on the open.
I have an enclosed trailer also, but always use the open...much easier to move around. But I would still prefer a large enough van or truck with a nice bed.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Yeah, I was in the process of buying a Silverado 2500 Duramax from a relative that fell through like two days ago. I loved hauling the quad and my stuff around in that.

The Tacoma does it, it's just a little cramped with all of my junk that I bring. Here are some pics of the trailers I've had before.

Here's one with the Duarmax in the background: (cries)

...and the trailer that I wish I never would have sold:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question: Will the 700XX (stock) fit sideways in a 6 foot wide, open trailer with rails? Just wondering if anybody had any experience with this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Question: Will the 700XX (stock) fit sideways in a 6 foot wide, open trailer with rails? Just wondering if anybody had any experience with this.

Thanks!
Just barely with 1" to spare per side with stock size wheels.

Mine is 8 x 8 and its just right to fit the xx and the brute force 750.

·
Registered
538 Posts
No, I was going to buy it from a relative but he doesn't want to sell any more. It sucks because it got better fuel mileage than my taco.
cant beat a yoder, i had a 1994 single cab 4cyl, 4in suspension, 33in tires (would go about anywhere) wish i never woulda sold it!

·
Registered
199 Posts
with my 09' F-150 supercab. Looking to buy a trailer soon, so I can haul the wifes 250 and my xx.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts

Thanks!
Like the other gentleman said, just barely. However the hard part is if you have to turn it sideways in that space. Its kinda heavy to lift and there isn't alot of room to manuver when you start to turn it sideways. You could always get a trailer that lets you drive on sideways to remedy that issue.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts