Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

How high have you been??

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  roadkill 
#1 ·
How high (altitude) have you ridden your 700xx at?... Not how high were YOU when riding your 700xx. How did your 700xx respond to high altitude?

For me, that would be 6,247' at the top of St. John mountain... I adjusted my EHS controller a bit leaner (.5) at about 5,000' and it ran just great. My riding buddies with carbs were running crappy near the top. Haven't been able to try some of the higher areas we have here yet... real heavy snow pack this year in the Sierras.

Show me the numbers...

roadkill

#3 ·
When I seen the title I thougt it was about jumping the 700xx and how it off the ground it was. Not how high in a mountian. Lets see some pics at 6,000 feet.

#5 ·
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours... Damn, that sounds just so wrong.

2 pics at 6,247'

roadkill

Attachments

#4 ·
Ya my first thought was how high you have been while riding, then figured it must be how high you have jumped. I was way off

I live near the coast so the highest I've been was 2k feet or so :-/

#6 ·
About 8-9k on the Mogollon Rim in Az. I have been higher but that was on the Poo Poo.

#7 ·
Rode flat out at above 13,000 at Breckenridge, CO last year. I didnt notice any real loss of performance on the mountain peaks. Just rough rocky trails that tore up my ITP holeshots. The only performance mod I have is the slip-on FMF exhaust. Honda dealer told me that due to riding at altitude, I wouldn't need to install a programmer and he was right. I ride between 6000 to 13,500 ft with no noticeable performance issues.

#8 ·

oops the title of the thread threw me off...I thought it was about something totally different. :lol:

#12 ·
That's what I'm talking about... I want to ride above 10,000'

Not high like this...

roadkill

Attachments

#15 ·
that one pic scares me looks like the guy in the hat is felling up that other guy:eek:hno:

#14 ·
^^^ i wonder if someone could make beer outa that "stuff"....

#17 ·
yummmy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.