Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has been tuning their stock suspensions. I haven't touched mine...I left it at the softest setting because a lot of the write ups in the magazines said the suspension was already too stiff. It seems to perform very well but I don't really have anything to judge it against. I'm not looking to buy aftermarket shocks...wife won't let me. I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs. Has anyone found better results from stiffening up the shocks?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm 6' 4" 200lbs. and I bumped the preload up to about halfway on the rear. IMHO it has less lean and hooks up better, and I don't feel that it rides or lands harsh at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I haven't done anything to my setup yet...I'm curious to hear what others have done before I go to changing anything around!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah i'm not even sure I know how to adjust it! It can be adjusted?!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah i'm not even sure I know how to adjust it! It can be adjusted?!
theres a ring at the top of the spring... its all the way up at stock. turn it down to increase the preload. you can see the threads at the top of the spring that the retainer moves up and down on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i set my rears at about halfway. seems to stiffen it up nicely and i can actually kick out my 24" tires a little bit. i need to stiffen the fronts a bit too i think.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I weigh 210 and I think that the rear is plenty stiff at the factory setting. I definitely need to stiffen my fronts though. I did some good trail riding this weekend and when I would go downhill into a turn at speed, she dives quite a bit. BTW, the full Razr setup is friggin' awesome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
i need razrs baaaad. im 200 and 5'8, it handles like shit on the corners with my 24" tires, waiting on razrs..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts