Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well? I need to know how many i need to go down a tooth.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
14, you can get a stock 450r sprocket which is 13.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
14, you can get a stock 450r sprocket which is 13.
Awesome! Thanks! (for the move too) Just how much change is 1 tooth going to make? anyone have a how-to on changing the front sprocket?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The change will be noticable, I haven't seen anyone mention going any lower.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The change will be noticable, I haven't seen anyone mention going any lower.
i'm looking to gain some low end torque so its easier to get going up a hill when you stall lol.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Half throttle, pop clutch and proceed sideways up hill :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Half throttle, pop clutch and proceed sideways up hill :)
I eventually got frusterated with it. Rolled back down the hill and went up it in a different spot. This is my first manual clutch, so it will take some getting used to. :D

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Yeah, that was my 1st complaint about my 700xx. At Red River ATV there are quite a lot of technical/rocky climbs that are even harder when you're feathering the clutch.

I had an easier time with my 400ex because I had lowered it in gearing too. Once I feel like dealing with it I'll change it. I've been riding in sand where wheel spin is kinda a good thing (with stock tires) so I haven't changed it. Wheel spin on a steep and rocky climb would get downright scary. (the throught of the 700xx crushing my brain inside of the helmet scares the bejeezus out of me too.)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awesome! Thanks! (for the move too) Just how much change is 1 tooth going to make? anyone have a how-to on changing the front sprocket?
don't hold me to this but when i had my ninja i was told that goin 1 tooth down in the front is like goin up 3 teeth on the back. so this should be a good rule of thumb if it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts