Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
austin n r,
I have the original plug in my XX. The machine has 100 hours on it. When I had the valves checked at 50 hours I was told that the plug was just fine. I'll probably replace it at 125 hours anyway.
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
125-150 hours sounds about right. You might want to replace with a better plug than the stock plug.

NGK Platinum
BKR6EKPB-11
(3452)

This plug will probably not be able to be gotten at a dealer because it's not for a quad or bike. I got mine at Kragen because it's actually the plug for a car.... Toyota, I think.

roadkill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys I run the Ngk iridium and it made a big change in the amount of fuel I could throw with my efc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
125-150 hours sounds about right. You might want to replace with a better plug than the stock plug.

NGK Platinum
BKR6EKPB-11
(3452)

This plug will probably not be able to be gotten at a dealer because it's not for a quad or bike. I got mine at Kragen because it's actually the plug for a car.... Toyota, I think.

roadkill
how many tanks of gas do you think 125 hours is?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the plug that roadkill has listed its a laser platnium NGK with dual electrodes I've been running it for a few weeks on some longer trips and can't believe the throttle response it has added! I usually change my plug every 150 hours! It's hard to judge tanks of gas to hours cause of riding style and conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
do u have to gap that plug if so how and what is the gap
You should always check the gap of any new plug before you put it in. The gap should be .039 to .043

roadkill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts