Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I love to ride my 700xx. I keep hearing everyone talk about how much snap they have and torque this and that. Which I am not used to sport quads at all. I have rode modded crf450's for a while and gave them up to get on four wheels. When I think of torque and snap I think of the hit like you get off of a thumper 450 mx bike. On the 700xx I feel like I am missing something. Like something that could wake this thing up! Is it possible to attain somewhere in the ballpark of snap and torque like I am lookinng for from this motor? Not that its really needed but it is fun to have that much power and the flick of the throttle.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Your comparing power to weight ratios that are not even in the same solar system. 40hp bike that weighs 200lbs compared to a 40hp quad that weighs 500. Grab ya a 12:1 piston and a good cam with Barker pipe, good intake and PCIII and your in business. If ya want even more power have the cylinder head ported.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well said Bo, my bike will run away from most 450 mx'ers. Passed a few in Parker in fact one came up to me after the race and asked me "WTF is that thing!"

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
For the low buck option. You could start with a 13t front sprocket. You'd be surprised how much that wakes up your low end. You can also invest in better tries to get that low end to hook up better. Beyond that, you could get the big 3... and then go from there. It all depends on what you want vs. how much you want to spend.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Hey! Scuzz, where did you get my girlfriend's picture, thought that I took it off the net, looks like there are still some out there! That's ok, I'm not with her anymore, she was a whore, lol!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not wanna dump any more than $2000 in this bc I do not ride it that much. I seen where hotcams is coming out with a few cams that might interest me. I seen also where EHS has their Big 3 kit as well. That leaves me around $1000 left for tires and what not. Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm an attention whore and not a site owner. I like the active attention that EHS gives.

This is just my personal opinion and not a reflection of this site, it's owner or other sponsors.

I was just wondering, not trying to badger ya. When they came to the forum it was Alba mania. Now no one speaks of them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was interested in the Alba pipe setup at first but it seemed like they released it and went quite so it made me iffy and I never see anyone on here from Alba anymore. Plus they had that shakey time when nobody really knew if they were still in business or shut down.

I'm not raggin on their products or anything because I've never tried them and I'm sure they're great, this was just my personal experience.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Wonder if Matt ever opened his own shop, Hadn't heard from him either. I agree with you though scuzz, Involvement goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I was just wondering, not trying to badger ya. When they came to the forum it was Alba mania. Now no one speaks of them.
I have nothing against them. Seriously. It just seems since the whole shakeup with them they fell off the face of the earth....er...forum.

I wish both Matt and other the best of luck. I was talking to Matt and asking them to sell mainstream parts for the 700xx way before they were a site sponsor. Unfortunately I think they got hit by the Great Recession just like the rest of us. Had I had the money then I would have bought from them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
667 Posts
Eric is a great person as well, EHS is growing but I can assure you that you will always get him to answer the phone. He also has connections with a lot of the other products we all use, tires,rims, plastics, shocks. Ect... Call him and at least give him a shot before your next order!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Things may have gotten quiet from Alba because Matt no longer works there. Rich Morel who was the motor builder at Alba is still building all our race motors. If you are looking for a well tested motor kit and someone who has tons of experiance with these motors Rich Morel is the way to go. Anyone can a make a motor go fast. The trick is to make it go fast and last. Rich knows how to do this and this has been proven time and time again with our race wins in Baja. Just think, our race motor at the Baja 1000 ran almost 17 hours strait at wide open race speeds without ever being turned off or stopping!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Things may have gotten quiet from Alba because Matt no longer works there. Rich Morel who was the motor builder at Alba is still building all our race motors. If you are looking for a well tested motor kit and someone who has tons of experiance with these motors Rich Morel is the way to go. Anyone can a make a motor go fast. The trick is to make it go fast and last. Rich knows how to do this and this has been proven time and time again with our race wins in Baja. Just think, our race motor at the Baja 1000 ran almost 17 hours strait at wide open race speeds without ever being turned off or stopping!
Word!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts