Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some physical disbillity issues and took a ride this last weekend that put me at whits end. I had to have a friend ride back to camp for me. The rocky road tore me up! I'm trying to see if there is a way to make the ride softer/better for rocky trails without selling. Any ideas that wont break the bank?

Thank you,

Maverick

·
Registered
821 Posts
Better suspension. I have ridden on elkas and fox floats, unreal how good they felt. They were on a 450r.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
What disabilties do you have ?
Differant mods effect differant parts of youre body. Sorry to ask but this would be helpful and keep you riding. After all if it any fun then give it up.
Me personnelly would like you to enjoy riding. :tup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had six reconstructive knee surgeries and need total knee replacements in both legs, but my Dr's say the longer I can hang on the better. They say I'm too young for replacements(36 years old). Also have many other issues with my back, arms and hands. Numbness lately is creating issues now. All this related to my military service.

Mav

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that, but you probably be better off with a utility quad. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow sorry to hear that, but you probably be better off with a utility quad. Just my opinion.
Been there. Have a 550XP and it is a Cadillac! And my RZR is too. But they are road/drove by other family members.

If I can't get this thing to work for me, I'm getting a RZR XP. :)

Mav

·
Registered
146 Posts
try out the can am commander they seem to do really well and can am's usually already have a REALLY nice suspension on them already

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunatly the Commander has a horrable suspension compaired to a RZR. :(

Mav

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
try loosening up the preload, the sag should be about 1/4 the shocks travel with you dressed to ride, cooler ect.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Been there. Have a 550XP and it is a Cadillac! And my RZR is too. But they are road/drove by other family members.

If I can't get this thing to work for me, I'm getting a RZR XP. :)

Mav
What model RZR do you have now? My cousin has a XP and it is sweet! Alot nicer than his Dads ranger. I was looking at the little 170cc for my 13 yr old daughter, but I read alot of bad reviews on them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What model RZR do you have now? My cousin has a XP and it is sweet! Alot nicer than his Dads ranger. I was looking at the little 170cc for my 13 yr old daughter, but I read alot of bad reviews on them.
I have a '10 RZR LE Stealth Black. We love it. My son drives it mostly. I want an XP though. :)

I heard the 170s aren't that good either. The motors are chinese. Might as well get a cheaper china knock off.

Mav

·
Registered
755 Posts
Elka stage one up front, wiigstyle revalve rear shocks, precision shock and vibe clamps, houser pro bounce nerf bars will get it about as smooth as possible. Also if you dont mind body roll, take off the rear swaybar and run without it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ds450 front shock. take the sway bar out and have wiig rebuild ur rear for aa soffter ride

1 - 20 of 29 Posts