Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the best combo, i mean i've never done a controlled one.
I've done plenty on laucnes and let them down with the rear brake but what is the best controlled way, is it has gas and fast throttle out etc...

Also cheapest place to get the uni filter at...

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's a cool video....you using a trail cam? I seriously need to get one...filming my crew racing through D&K Race Park would be sweet! I need to get some pics and vids of my XX now that it has all the mods on it!

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
That's a cool video....you using a trail cam? I seriously need to get one...filming my crew racing through D&K Race Park would be sweet! I need to get some pics and vids of my XX now that it has all the mods on it!
Thanks! I used a ATC 2K helmet camera for my XX footage. I spent $78 shipped on ebay but I highly recommend getting the GoPro motocross wide camera. With that camera you get a much better view since its a wide lense, its waterproof as well and is also shock proof(ATC isn't). You can find those on ebay for $159.00 shipped. The ATC is fine but if I did it over again I'd buy the GoPro Motocross Wide Hero Helmet Cam. :yay:

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's all about balance, finding the point at which the machine stands on its back wheels. then working the throttle to use the engines torque to hold the machine just forward of that balance point and prevent it from coming down. too much throttle and you will go beyond that point and go over backwards. Then its just practice, practice, practice.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
It's all about balance, finding the point at which the machine stands on its back wheels. then working the throttle to use the engines torque to hold the machine just forward of that balance point and prevent it from coming down. too much throttle and you will go beyond that point and go over backwards. Then its just practice, practice, practice.
Practice is definitely key:yay:. Try pulling up in first gear so you stay at a safer speed and bring it down with the rear brake. Eventually you'll get real comfortable with the balance point and using the rear brake as a fail safe:nuts:! I read forums on this quad all the time, I just can't believe the things people say:confused:. So much ignorance out there. The latest guy said this machine can't wheely:steamed:...Where do they come up with this?:lmao:

·
Registered
551 Posts
:birds:That guy is STUPID!!!!! mine wheelies better than my craptor ever did. i jump a log or rock soon as i hit the ground back in the gas, and what, on the back wheels, look out!! dont matter which gear im in either. lol:yay:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I checked out the camera's on ebay....I'm going to do some more research b4 ordering one. I will get some good vids when we ride the gncc practice track in couple of weeks. As far as the wheelies go, practice makes perfect...I have had my fair share of turns falling off the back. Actually, last week I come home from work and forgot about changing the front sprocket, I ended up chasing my XX accross the yard while my neighbors laughed at me...Would have been pretty funny to catch that on video! lol

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I checked out the camera's on ebay....I'm going to do some more research b4 ordering one. I will get some good vids when we ride the gncc practice track in couple of weeks. As far as the wheelies go, practice makes perfect...I have had my fair share of turns falling off the back. Actually, last week I come home from work and forgot about changing the front sprocket, I ended up chasing my XX accross the yard while my neighbors laughed at me...Would have been pretty funny to catch that on video! lol
Ha, I think we all have been there at one point or another:stupid:. I feel like first gear is almost useless already, I dont think I'd ever drop a tooth. Theres a video section on this website, post there when you get your video together. Can't wait to it!:yay:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't wait to get in from work this week so I can put all the rest of my mods on. I hope the 13t sprocket doesn't shorten the gears to much! I do a lot of trail riding, so it should be fine. I don't mind one bit losing the top end!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts