Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some sort of hydrapak/camelpack for riding this summer. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm just looking for something that can hold 1-3 liters of water, a camera and a few accessories.

I want something light weight.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

RP

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
most of the mx companies make some.. they're all pretty much the same... sometimes it just comes down to brand preference...

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm also interested in buying one does any one know if these are waterproof? I know the bladder is, but are the pockets?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have an actual camelback one, and the pockets aren't waterproof. Got it from Dick's for 15

·
Registered
788 Posts
It would be nice for cellphones, wallet etc. I wonder if they make them?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Product Features

• Padded, contoured adjustable shoulder straps
  • 2 side mesh stash pockets hold water bottles or other quick access items, easy access media pocket with waterproof zipper
  • 2 front pockets for organizing bike tools, energy bars and accessories, front stowaway for helmet storage
  • 2 liter anti-microbial bladder, tube, and bite valve and bladder sleeve with cooling liner
  • Hide-away waist strap, bike pump pouch

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I believe that the CamelBack is the most available... meaning that you can find them almost anywhere. That being said, I was able to replace my bladder with ease while on the road when it ruptured. Ease of getting parts and replacing things is something to consider when getting any kind of hydration pack. JMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am definitely going to pick one up. I carry a back pack already but would be nice to stay hydrated while riding.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
i bought a fanny pack for hunnting, its not waterproof, but i just throw everything in a bag and stick it in there. it can hold 8 canned ''beverages" and my phone wallet and smokes. i just stap it to the handle bars or the front bumper in between the plastics and the bumper. works for me and i dont have to carry anything on my person.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just got a Hydrapack Streamline on clearance from Cycle Gear for $30. Small pockets. Enough for my wallet, cell phone and keys. I can also put in a pack of beef jerky with the water. 70oz./2L. It was a good investment especially considering where I ride, Arizona. It definitely helps when your mouth drys out from dust and dehydration. I was thinking a set of saddle bags might be good to carry food and some tools. I also want to add a cooler rack for extra gas.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i use my camelpack on long rides.... but i fill the bag with ice and lemonade....yes its a pain to clean

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a winter camel back, I think it is called the sno-bowl. Anyways it is sweet because it is insulated and also the end zips into the arm strap instead of hanging out. You wont get mud all over the mouth piece that way and it has a pocket on the back as well. I got it pretty cheap like $20. Thought I would let you know

·
Registered
31 Posts
Get a camelbak. The bladders are thicker than the off brands. Some of the fill openings on the off brands are also small and it makes putting ice in them a pain. I've had both and used both for mtn bike riding, quads, and hunting. If you need something to waterproof Walmart has a waterproof plastic box. I think they have different sizes. The one I have will hold a cell phone, camera, and batteries. I think it was 5-10$. I've also used it a lot fishing. If you search for the previous year models you can get cheap deals on Amazon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you don't fill them with sugar drinks like lemonade you don't have to clean them very often.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Need to find out where to get the tablets to clean the bladder out....[/quote]

Nikki here you go!

:lmao::lmao:Oh I am sorry I thought you were the one with the problem...my badd

1 - 20 of 20 Posts