Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone installed the Streamline or ASV hydraulic clutch kit on there machine ? looks pretty cool and is soposto reduce clutch pull by thirty % It would tidy up the handlebars by removing the usless parking brake.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one of these but it says 2009-2011

Is the 09 different from the 08

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Has anyone installed the Streamline or ASV hydraulic clutch kit on there machine ? looks pretty cool and is soposto reduce clutch pull by thirty % It would tidy up the handlebars by removing the usless parking brake.
Remove the park brake clutter , buy a new clutch perch/lever kit (ASV). Don't lube the clutch cable and you will have a nice setup. The clutch pull on the stock xx clutch is lighter than most . The hydraulic clutch kit will only be good if you race for more than 8 hours in one stint.IMO.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
well I race for three and it gets too me sometimes of course my stock cable is bent from being upside down a few too many times lol so its alot harder so in searching for a replacement I ran across this and since the ktm I bought has it i am spoiled it is really nice it would be awesome if they were close to the same pull so it didnt mess with me if i jump on the other bike

I emailed the distributor to see if it will work on the 08 im sure it will I doubt they changed anything but better safe than sorry

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I prefer a cable clutch. I was actually dissapointed when the Ford Mustang went to hydraulic last year. It just doesnt give you the clutch feedback and feel like a cable does.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've been around some mustangs, pretty sure they had hydraulic in the early 90's

·
Registered
821 Posts
All the 5 speeds were t-5s. Same in the camaros. I know for a fact my cousins (93 I believe) had hydraulic. it may not have been factory as most of the car was aftermaket. My 87 k10 truck had hydraulic. Its the drive by wire I dislike.

As to the op. I think it would be a good thing if it works properly. I'm no racer but slow tight trails where you have to use the clutch a lot would be nice, then you could upgrade springs and have easier pull. My only concerns would be what fluid they are using, certain oils/fluids don't do well in real old climates(for the people who live there). And how expensive are replacement parts, mainly the hose and "master" cylinder. Those parts would be in trouble on rollovers.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It was aftermarket, factory V8(since thats all that matters to me) Mustangs were mechanical clutch up to the new bodies 2005. Companies have been making hyd. conversions for years for the older Mustangs.
The hyd. softens the pull on heavy springs and which is why its offered as an "upgrade" by the aftermarket- for cars and atvs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Bo is correct, 2005 and later Mustangs are a hydro clutch. My 93 Mustang GT had a cable, know that for sure because I had to replace it and added an aftermarket adjuster to it. My 03 Mustang Cobra had a cable also.

What did the 93 Cobra have in it?
What did the 95 Cobra have in it?
More Mustang trivia, lets see how good my memory is! Both the 93 and 95 Cobra's used a T-5 transmission, the 95 Cobra R had a 3550 tremec in it, along with a 351 motor. I think the 2000 Cobra R was the first Mstang to have the T-56, then the 03/04 Cobra's had the T-56 also. Al least that is what I recall anyway, could be wrong, my memory isn't what it used to be!

As far as a hydro clutch on a 700XX, if you have the money, might as well try it. Although I was always under the impression that a hydro clutch didn't really help much with the lever pull, just kept it more consistant so you wouldn't have to adjust the cable as the clutch would get hot/worn. My uncle has a KTM 525 bike with a hydro clutch, never really noticed much of a difference in clutch pull whenever I have ridden it compared to everything I own with a cable clutch.

Doug

·
Registered
734 Posts
asv just makes the lever for the clutch kit. Magura and Streamline make the kits. One thing I heard from people that have it is that you cannot feather the clutch much, it's either in or out.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
asv just makes the lever for the clutch kit. Magura and Streamline make the kits. One thing I heard from people that have it is that you cannot feather the clutch much, it's either in or out.
that sucks, i like to feather my clutch a little on the 700xx, but on a two stroke, i feather the clutch even more, but im not looking for a hydro clutch, maybe some hydro weed though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts