Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done it to a 700 yet? If not I don't care, I am doing it anyway. Just wanted to see if someone else had done it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys are building detachable wheely bars for drag racing.
I guess that would serve the same purpose but I would rather stretch it. Doesn't look to be that difficult. I only want to do 6" or so, and I can still trail ride it only being stretched that much. I don't want to mess with a wheelie bar.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I guess that would serve the same purpose but I would rather stretch it. Doesn't look to be that difficult. I only want to do 6" or so, and I can still trail ride it only being stretched that much. I don't want to mess with a wheelie bar.
I have looked into this and hope either:
A: you are a good welder or fabricater and prepared to cut the chassis in 2 roughly just above the rear brake master cylinder.
or
B : you have a vast fortune and know a good chassis builder.
:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
6 inch is to much for trail. Better off with 1-2 inches if you still plan on trail riding it. Stretching it will probably only make the turning radius worse. Whats ya want to stretch it for anyway just curious.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
6 inch is to much for trail. Better off with 1-2 inches if you still plan on trail riding it. Stretching it will probably only make the turning radius worse. Whats ya want to stretch it for anyway just curious.

I thought with a name ZFsix , he was a dragger ?
In Europe ZF make gearboxes and axles for tractors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought with a name ZFsix , he was a dragger ?
In Europe ZF make gearboxes and axles for tractors.
:)

Nice, most people have no idea what the name stands for. I actually got it from a car I had 7 years ago. 1990 Corvette with a ZF 6 speed trans.

Anyway, yes I am going to drag race. And I am not talking about stretching the frame, I am talking about some custom extended upper and lower control arms and longer axles.

Friend of mine has a Raptor with an 8" swingarm and we still trail ride together, it's not ideal but it is so worth it when you go to race and don't have to worry about standing it straight up.

·
Registered
528 Posts
wheelies are the fun part....

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I am pretty sure there was a thread on this previously, on how stressful it would be for the rear cv joints, due to the fact that they would be at a great angle. I think the best way would be to stretch the frame.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
2nd what crwh45 said

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
So let me get this right. You don't want deal with a easily detachable wheely bar but you do want to build custom upper and lower a arms to extend the quad?! I guess that sounds simple to you but think that would be a huge pain in the dick. I wish you luck, if it works out it should be badass.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
:)
Anyway, yes I am going to drag race. And I am not talking about stretching the frame, I am talking about some custom extended upper and lower control arms and longer axles.

You'll find that the rear shocks will get in the way of going backwards with the a-arms. The easiest way is to make a rigid rear end and do away with the shocks altogether. This is simply done by extending or (better idea) is to build a new axle carrier subframe .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So let me get this right. You don't want deal with a easily detachable wheely bar but you do want to build custom upper and lower a arms to extend the quad?! I guess that sounds simple to you but think that would be a huge pain in the dick. I wish you luck, if it works out it should be badass.
Correct. I would much rather have it built once rather than having to attach/detach a wheelie bar every time I wanted to race it.

You'll find that the rear shocks will get in the way of going backwards with the a-arms. The easiest way is to make a rigid rear end and do away with the shocks altogether. This is simply done by extending or (better idea) is to build a new axle carrier subframe .
I think the shocks can be positioned in a way where they can angle backward and be just as functional. Chaotic Customs will be doing it. Those guys know a thing or two about fab work.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
that will be cool to see finished and how it handles. you sure those guys arnt gonna bag it and put 22's on her though.lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts