Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out riding sunday and i dont know wether i hit a tree root or a big rock or what but i bent it somehow.:steamed:luckily my brother is a mechanic and we had a portable air compresser and the help from some friends we got it fixed on the spot. believe it or not we fixed it with a 1 1/4 wrench (used as a hammer) and a puddle we got it done!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
damn you really bent that! i have the same rim/tire combo and i bent my rim going over a rock at like 25mph...not very impressed with the strength of the rims. I hammered mine back out and their good as new haha

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
It's why I always have a pipe wrench and a rubber mallet in my tool box. One of my races last winter I came up off a table top that was about 50' or so and when I came down it was all ice as I tried to maneuver around a guy that wiped out and I slammed the rear into a tree. needless to say my rim looked a lot worse than that on both the inside and outside, and it blew the tire right off the bead. I finished the race, 3 laps later haha, and the next day I just used the pipe wring to bend it back and the mallet to get it to near perfection and blew the son of a gun back up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i noticed the tire was flat. i looked at the rim and i was like how did i do that?!?!?! luckily we got it fixed and it held up the rest of the day. im gonna write itp and rocky mountain (were i purchased the rim from) and let them know how i feel and how much garbage they are. they shouldnt have bent like that. i wasnt even jumping anything and they bent.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i noticed the tire was flat. i looked at the rim and i was like how did i do that?!?!?! luckily we got it fixed and it held up the rest of the day. im gonna write itp and rocky mountain (were i purchased the rim from) and let them know how i feel and how much garbage they are. they shouldnt have bent like that. i wasnt even jumping anything and they bent.
what rims are they?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the same rims. Now I'm running stock. I bent mine aswell. I bent the inner side of the rim and my rear arm was cuttin into to rim now the rim is SHOT!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got the same rims, but they are used for sand so not really in any danger of being bent by hitting stuff

After reading this thread if I get new rims for my dirt set it will be something else though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts