Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

i bought a lexx/dobeck efi modual....

8K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  scuzz 
#1 ·
its in the mail my questions befor i get it are....

where does it plug in ?

where are you storing the modual when you ride ?

how are adjustments made ? i seen the hmf video on this but my question is... when i check the plug after i run it on the "stock" dobeck settings if it is still a little dark where do i make the settings ? the hmf video said their are 3 "levels" you can make the settings on so do i make my "off sets" on level 1,2 or 3 ?

thanks in advance,

hawk

#3 ·
Dont worry man it should come with instructions, you usually plug it in the injector and the plug that went on the injector you plug on the dobeck, sort of inline. Also the 3 pots refer to idle, mid and wide open throttle. The higher the number the more fuel and viceversa. They are made for dust and splashes and they are usually run inside the airbox or on the tool compartment. You can always use a ziploc and some tape to protect it. Did you get a gen 2 or 3?

#5 ·
you got a link on where you bought it?

#7 ·
Hello,

The Gen 2 (generation 2) uses flat-head screwdriver-adjustable potentiometers to make the adjustments. The Gen 3 (generation 3) is a more digital interface using 3 buttons, "Mode", "-", & "+". The Gen 3 unit is better and allows you to upload more intricate maps and make more precise adjustments. However they both do the same thing in the end.

Regarding the adjustments, rappyfreak is correct. Mode 1 (flashing green LED) deals with low RPM and low throttle positions, while Mode 2 (flashing yellow LED) deals with mid throttle positions and mid RPM ranges, and Mode 3 (flashing red LED) interfaces with high RPM ranges and high throttle positions.

If you are familiar with tuning carburetors, think of mode 1 like the pilot jet, mode 2 is the needle, and mode three is the main jet.

Furthermore, there is probably a mode 4 & 5 (flashing blue LED along with the yellow and green). The mode 4 moves the transition point between mode 1 & 2, while the mode 5 deals with the transition point between mode 2 & 3.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Matt Fasig

#8 ·
i dont think u can upload custom maps to the gen 3 thats crazy its the same as gen 2 with a digital interface. it plugs into the stock injector plug which plugs into the other connector on the dobeck module. then the last wire goes to ur battery. i put mine next to the airbox but have had pinching probs wit the wires

#12 ·
Gen 3 vs. Gen 2

I assure you, you can upload a map into the Gen 3 module, which is not possible on the Gen 2. I have sold literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of these devices while I worked at Alba, and every one had to have a different map loaded into it depending on the application. There is a plug on the back of the Gen 3 which allows you to attach it to a proprietary interface device. I am not sure if the Gen 2 has the same plug or not as I only sold a few of them and never looked because I know you can not load a map into it. The software you use to develop the map for the Gen 3 is called "powerlabhq" and is only available if you are a dealer for Dobeck. Powerlab allows you to specify everything from adjustment variables/widths to implementing additional modes (up to 6 total) for forced air induction, etc.

#11 ·
You listen well young grass hoppa...

edit: (my 1,111 post, not that i'm counting - i just like that #)

#17 ·
Yeah i saw that pic of Bourbon street. I'm nursing a hangover today too. Supposed to be at Cross bar ranch but woke up with a broke diesel and a headache :(

#18 ·
The crowd was TOTALLY different just 10 minutes after that. The rain stopped and all of Florida State emptied out into the streets. No shit, I drank more than $100 in liquor last nigh on my own. The wife and I had a blast, we even stayed at the Royal Sinesta...WAY nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.