Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally purchased my trx 700xx today, $5500 out the door. I'm from Southwest Washington State.

I've been cruising these forums for a while so one of my first things to do when I got home was register.

I've wanted one of these since they first came out so when I saw the deals going on I couldn't hold out any longer.

So excited, get to take it out for my first actual real ride on it Friday. I rode it in my yard for a minute before parking it.

Looking forward to taking part in some good discussions.

Thanks,

RP

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase of an amazing machine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Things you might want to check before riding

Check the front wheels for having shipping washer's between the wheel and the hub this seems to be somewhat common. There should be no washers on your stock wheels anywhere.
Also remove the screw for the fuel valve and reinstall it with blue medium strength loctite. Several people have lost the valve knob as it fell off. Mine was loose.
Tighten the allen head bolts on the exhaust heat shield, they will most likely be loose. Check them again after you get it hot.

Check the clutch free play we had one member loose a clutch because he received it from the dealer with a mis-adjusted clutch.

If you search this site you can download a factory manual for specs.

Congrats on the new ride!:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!:hey:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Very useful info! I am going to check some of that tonight. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Congratulations on your new xx. You will have a blast.:yay:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tighten the allen head bolts on the exhaust heat shield, they will most likely be loose. Check them again after you get it hot.
Nice post... Wish I would have read this sooner. I lost a bolt to my heat shield. It must have vibrated loose and fell off...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would double check every bolt on the bike that you can get to. I checked mine and the skid guards were loose, the handle bars and controls, and the plastics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hello from vancouver

hi and welcome. i bought 2 last year. 1 for me and 1 for my younger brother. we are both in vancouver. now i know there are 3 of us here YES!!:yay::yay::yay:
i am currently being treated for cancer( chemo treatment) for another 3 months.:steamed::steamed: but if you want to ride i might be up for it!!:hey::hey: my brother would be able to go anytime with ya. are you in vancouver? or camas/washougal?? my email in case you want to ride anytime is [email protected]
Tracy

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Tracy,

I live in Raymond. Not sure if you'll know where that's at. I'll definitely get in touch.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Also remove the screw for the fuel valve and reinstall it with blue medium strength loctite. Several people have lost the valve knob as it fell off. Mine was loose.

Congrats on the new ride!:D
where is this screw located. I'll finally be getting my first day out on mine Saturday. I picked up my trailer Thursday.

·
Registered
788 Posts
If you are refering to the shut off screw it is located (if sitting on the Quad) by your left knee. The fuel shutoff should be able to spin to the top at 12 which is reserve, to 9 which is fuel off, and to 6 which is fuel on. A lot of guys here found it to be loose and in some cases fall out and.... bye bye. Remove and add a little locktite to it to ensure it stays put.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you are refering to the shut off screw it is located (if sitting on the Quad) by your left knee. The fuel shutoff should be able to spin to the top at 12 which is reserve, to 9 which is fuel off, and to 6 which is fuel on. A lot of guys here found it to be loose and in some cases fall out and.... bye bye. Remove and add a little locktite to it to ensure it stays put.
So it's the screw holding the petcock lever?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on that deal! Have fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts