Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a big budget, but I am needing some help in finding a stronger wheel for trail riding as the factory wheels will not hold up very well to rocks and tree roots. Also I do not want to go any wider. I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction. My problem this far is finding a rear re-inforced 11" rim that doesn't cost $200 or more each. Is there anything out there that does not break the bank that is durable?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'd suggest DWT Red Label... 11x7 5:2 (rear) @ $125.00 each from RMATV/MC

Very strong .190 6061 heat treated alum.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
the only reinforced rear wheels in stock size are the OMF. They are pricey for sure. I've had good luck with the rear wheels on my bike. It seems i alway bang up the front one's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front is the ones I am having trouble with also.., but I figured that I would replace all because it sucks when you are 30 or 40 miles into a trail ride in the middle of nowhere and you bend one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well........, after a lot of research, thought and consideration, I decided to spend the money after all, and go with the OMF wheels. Hopefully I did not miss anything when considering. Everyone that has them seem to have all positive comments. So I called Bones today and made the order. I will try them out at Hatfield in about 3 weeks when they get here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts