Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I tried to search , but I didnt find anything but arguements on what Skids are best. I need to get some real soon . I just want some that dont rattle & are thick enough, light enough to last.

What would guys reccommend? or have?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What thickness do I need .160 or .190? I assume if I am getting them, I should get front, rear , And Frame all at same time?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
.190 is the heavy duty.. I just run the frame skid... I'm thinking of getting some for the rear arms though.. It's up to you and the condition of the trails you ride

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.190 is the heavy duty.. I just run the frame skid... I'm thinking of getting some for the rear arms though.. It's up to you and the condition of the trails you ride
do you run the HD ones? I dont really like the a-arm skids. I think I will just start with frame? Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No ralltling problems? That drives me nuts.. My friends skids rattle all the time..

Thanks for all the info ceballos..Take care

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
No ralltling problems? That drives me nuts.. My friends skids rattle all the time..

Thanks for all the info ceballos..Take care
I run the PRM .190 as well, full skid, I dont have the arms. It is holding up superb, it is pretty light weight even though it was the thickest one out there when I bought mine, and it doesn't rattle at all. Just tight up the bolts really good, and check them after rides. It was a bit of a pain to put on with the PRM front bumper I use (bumper more so than the skid) but overall wasn't bad. Def get your money's worth.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I have PRM skids and Ricochet A-Arm guards, Nash04 did the research they come up higher and offer more protection. I am not the easiest on my quad when go over rocks I try to go as fast as I can to get past them...lol my arms are when it shows most but there isn't a boulder I wouldnt think of crossing since our clearance is awesome and she is well protected :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
667 Posts
The DG Baja is good also, .190 and fits great! No rattles

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The DG Baja is good also, .190 and fits great! No rattles
+1 That's what I have and has held up to all kinds of punishment.

roadkill

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
prm they make like 3 differnt thicknesses

1 - 13 of 13 Posts