Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Saturday I'm drag racing my 700xx and it doesn't seem to hook up very good! Tires aren't bald about 70%, it is bared and sits about 4 inches off the ground! What gear to start? Rpm? Other things to do ?its got a full half exhaust and programmer!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you need to talk to ehs ,dl700,or bo white

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Alright Saturday I'm drag racing my 700xx and it doesn't seem to hook up very good! Tires aren't bald about 70%, it is bared and sits about 4 inches off the ground! What gear to start? Rpm? Other things to do ?its got a full half exhaust and programmer!
Much depends on what kind of surface you're on and the tire you use.

On a soft surface like sand, I'd start in 2nd at about half throttle, drop the clutch and go WOT. Air pressure also makes a difference in how you hook up.
The weight balance between front to back can improve the hook up. You can change the front to back bias by adjusting your preload (ride height). Put a little more of the quad weight towards the back. Remember drag racing is very hard on your whole drive line... especially the clutch. It also doesn't help if you have too much bite and bring the front wheels up... if you have to let off to bring the front wheels down, you'll loose.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Sitting at 4" off the rear the camber is so bad on the rear that it's just running off the inside edge. You need shorter upper a arms. Set off 2nd gear bouncing off the rev limiter but all depends on tyres and terrain, as Roadkill states.

Trust get the rear end setup correctly it will hook up better than any SRA. on my 5th gearbox because it hooks up good.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sitting at 4" off the rear the camber is so bad on the rear that it's just running off the inside edge. You need shorter upper a arms. Set off 2nd gear bouncing off the rev limiter but all depends on tyres and terrain, as Roadkill states.

Trust get the rear end setup correctly it will hook up better than any SRA. on my 5th gearbox because it hooks up good.
Lee, I thought you were on the 5th gear box because you always ride in 1st gear :lmao:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts