1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
These guys are producing front sets for the XX now, and rears will be available in about a month. They look pretty sweet. They are a little cheaper than Elka's. Does anyone have any history or opinion of I-Shocks?

http://www.hydrodynamicsusa.com/pro...id=48&osCsid=9ca180c51856bc39f360c5afb3c5851c
I ran the Ishock 5500 on my 400ex. Those shocks are amazing! I was jumping free style off a 8'7" ramp with a 55' gap. My last jump I ever did I over shot the landing and landed flat. The shocks took all of it! Truly an amazing product, especially for the price. If I ever do a suspension upgrade I'll definitely go with the Ishock!:yay:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never bought that good of a shock before. I got a set of Works G-Series for my Raptor and they were a huge improvement over stock. They were only pre-load adjustable and did not have rezzies. They cost me about $550.00. The I-Shocks will run $1000.00. I just wonder if the extra 4-500 bucks is worth it for a typical weekend warrior like me. I don't race or ride on tracks. I trail ride exclusively. Do you think that the adjustability is worth the extra dough?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Good question, I was wondering the same

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think that the fronts could definitely be upgraded. I think that I'd go with a base level Elka or Works shock though. Elka's "Recreational" series runs $510 for the front set. Preload adjustable only, no rezzies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am sponsored by iShock and used to run Axis. Since iShock and I have developed a realtionship its been nothing but awesome. I helped with a little bit of testing on the XX. The M1-A6 shocks are available for the front of the XX and are beyond worth it. I don't lie, so here it goes: I am NOT going to tell you that iShock is better than Axis however, they perform just as good. The price difference is tremedous and if anyone has ever delt with Axis and the customer service they received they will tell you to go iShock as well. iShock's service is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Don't get me wrong, Axis has an AWESOME shock but its just not worth the price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For me, I can't see it being a value, but that's just for me.

I trail ride and like to think I'm fast but I rarely launch my XX more than 10 feet or 5 feet off the ground. I'm in no way trying to talk you out of it, but rather telling you why I wouldn't personally.

I'd spend the $1k elsewhere.
I'd have to agree with you there. I have spent big money on suspension on a few of the quads I have owned in the past, but 90% of the time the stock suspension is sufficient. I have pushed this quad pretty good through some rough desert type terrain and it just continually begs for more throttle. I am plenty satisfied with the stock suspension. If you're racing and pound for a long enough period of time to heat the oil up and have some fade, then a aftermarket shock with reservoirs would be worth it. I just don't see spending that kind of money for recreational riding.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We'll se how the shocks hold up on the XX. The front shocks on my 03' Raptor were crap. That thing started to just dive hard in corners. Once I swapped out the fronts, it was 1000 times better. That was the best $500 I ever spent on an aftermarket product. But I have no issues with the stock suspension right now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We'll se how the shocks hold up on the XX. The front shocks on my 03' Raptor were crap. That thing started to just dive hard in corners. Once I swapped out the fronts, it was 1000 times better. That was the best $500 I ever spent on an aftermarket product. But I have no issues with the stock suspension right now.
I put some non-reservoir Works shocks on the front of my '04 KFX700 because I was having issues like you are describing. I did see a benefit from the shocks on that machine, it handled better and didn't dive into turns. Oversteer is a big problem on most quads with a straight axle, but the XX actually understeers. When/if my shocks begin to fade and/or leak, I will look to the aftermarket again because the fronts can't be rebuilt and aftermarkets are less expensive than stock usually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts