Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got EHS's Big 3.

Whats next. Small increments please. Don't wanna do A B C D all at the same time and it be 2g's.

I keep seeing threads on Hot Cams and +3 TB's.

Is that next?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
A friend of mine has the big three as well and the stage three hotcam made a significant difference with the power increase.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
get the thumper racing big bore piston stg3 ht cam for starters just bolt on performance but youll have to get your cylinder bored professionally . they have a map you can get also

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
No the hotcam is gona be your next bolt on step. The big bore is gona require you to have your cylinder bored to fit a larger piston. I would just go with the cam for now if it were me.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
i got a stage 3 hot cam and the EHS big three. Made a pretty good difference up top. I would suggest getting a 11:1 cp piston at the same time.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest getting a 11:1 cp piston at the same time.
Now would I need to get a mechanic for that or something any decent "engine guy" will be able to help me throw in on a saturday afternoon?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, I keep reading for slightly modified bikes a stage 2 cam is better???? Sorry for the 100x questions I am just trying to make the right decision.

Most of my riding is done between 2-4 gear. Alot of trail riding so I don't want to loose much from the bottom half.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
your going to get most of your power from porting your head. the hot cam is a easy drop in that doesnt require new rockerarms or valve springs. next you can get a higher comp piston 11:1 12:1 13:1(11:1 is safe to run on pump gas 91 oct) the other require race fuel. and the +3tb will also add a lot. personally i did mine all at the same time because i did not want to be tearing down my motor everytime i got a new part just saved up and did it all at once. but it is perfectly fine to do it little by little.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
you should get your head done, thats where all the power is at.

Pretty sure HDD has a +2 +1 P&P head, Web 290 cam, and springs/rockers right now, so you wouldnt have any down time.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you should get your head done, thats where all the power is at.

Pretty sure HDD has a +2 +1 P&P head, Web 290 cam, and springs/rockers right now, so you wouldnt have any down time.
Prices on all of that is prob more than is available to me atm though :(

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I got the stage 3 hot cam for $135. According to EHS's dyno it added about 5hp over just the big three. I didn't notice any loss on the bottom end. It would probably be best to get the piston done at the same time though. Ported big valve heads are sweet but expensive. Even a stock valve port is gonna be around $250.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Prices on all of that is prob more than is available to me atm though :(
Get the head first then do a little at a time as money allows. Figure out what your long term goal is, if you want a P&P head now or in the future IMO don't waste your money on a Hot Cam now. The Web cams perform way better than the Hot cams do in a ported head build.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Put a cam in it, that would be the best bang for the buck single mod at your build level. When the piston comes out for an upgrade then I would have the cylinder head ported while it was off. This is what I would do if I was building it one mod at a time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
1. air filter
2. programmer (dobeck, pc, vortex)
3. exhaust
4.sprockets (12, 13, 14, 15, or 16)
5. Hot Cam 3
6. +3 Throttle body
7. Piston (10.5:1 - 13:1)
8. Port and Polished Head, larger valves, Webb cam, Rocker arms, valve springs
9. Bore/Stroke
10. Nitrous Oxide & Race fuels
11. Repeat 6 - 10 an go bigger
12. Go with 100% custom build with turbos and all that blahh

Personally im waiting to see what EHS comes up with for their motor build. And besides i still have 4 years of warranty :(

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1. air filter
2. programmer (dobeck, pc, vortex)
3. exhaust
4.sprockets (12, 13, 14, 15, or 16)
5. Hot Cam 3
6. +3 Throttle body
7. Piston (10.5:1 - 13:1)
8. Port and Polished Head, larger valves, Webb cam, Rocker arms, valve springs
9. Bore/Stroke
10. Nitrous Oxide & Race fuels
11. Repeat 6 - 10 an go bigger
12. Go with 100% custom build with turbos and all that blahh

Personally im waiting to see what EHS comes up with for their motor build. And besides i still have 4 years of warranty :(

Sorry buddy #4 is slightly of a tad, its 12,13,14,15,16,17.18.and "Yes" they do make them, just need a tad of modifying.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry buddy #4 is slightly of a tad, its 12,13,14,15,16,17.18.and "Yes" they do make them, just need a tad of modifying.

i knew they made up to 15 but what the heck are you going to do with a 18?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts