Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

idea on how to adjust chain

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Red-N-BlackXX 
#1 · (Edited)
as most of us get that chain to tight using the cams on our honda trx700xx. we need to find a new way to adjust the chain. eather we need someone to make a new set of cams with more ajustment to cater for that inbetween setting we need. or some thing like bikes use. a thred road and a nut.
a plate made that fixes in place of the the bolt our standerd cams use that as the numbers scale plate, some thing to fix to the main bolt to line up the numbers both sides. and a way to pull the rear back it the thred rod and nut.

or we find a set of chain cams that are out there on another bike with more settings overs a greater radius cam
some thing like this may work
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SNAIL-CAMS-CH...em&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2555bf5d80

then add a pointer insted of the bolt head we have at the moment

any ideas i did ask l8ton racing as he seems good at making things for our honda`s

#2 ·
it can be done but it would be hard to do because not everyone runs the same size rear and front sprockets so you would have to make them for each size rear sprocket. and then not every bike is the same. also as the chain gets older it stretches so your reference wouldnt always be the same. ill see if i cant fabricate one though.

#3 ·
jw how do we make our chain tite i never hade...

#4 ·
as most of us get that chain to tight using the cams on our honda trx700xx. we need to find a new way to adjust the chain. eather we need someone to make a new set of cams with more ajustment to cater for that inbetween setting we need. or some thing like bikes use. a thred road and a nut.
a plate made that fixes in place of the the bolt our standerd cams use that as the numbers scale plate, some thing to fix to the main bolt to line up the numbers both sides. and a way to pull the rear back it the thred rod and nut.

or we find a set of chain cams that are out there on another bike with more settings overs a greater radius cam
some thing like this may work
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SNAIL-CAMS-CH...em&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2555bf5d80

then add a pointer insted of the bolt head we have at the moment

any ideas i did ask l8ton racing as he seems good at making things for our honda`s

Makes me think you are thinkin of a problem that doesn't exist.
If you feel that the chain is too tight at say notch 22 then drop one and run at 21.
A Renthal o-ring chain last 15 hours for racing and running a little slack does not do any harm. The only way you it is too slack is when under heavy brake it wacks the sliders. I can run correct tension or slightly tighter and the chain will be loose after 90mins and the wacking begins.
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.