Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know there has been much discussion on kill switches for XX. Yes it is a "closed" not "open system. I have a Pro Armor switch that says it will fit universally not specific to any perticular bike..

The instruction tell you how to wire it up & mentions nothing about "open" or "Closed"........

so......

Will it work? If you have one did you hook it like Pro Armor says? one wire to ground...one to wire between stator & ignition coil?

DO NOT CONNECT TO THE HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK SIGNAL AFTER THE COIL

I know many of you guys & gals have kill switches & I think Not everyone has those $$$ closed Gunnar switches..
any info greatly appreciated here..

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
OK, I know there has been much discussion on kill switches for XX. Yes it is a "closed" not "open system. I have a Pro Armor switch that says it will fit universally not specific to any perticular bike..

The instruction tell you how to wire it up & mentions nothing about "open" or "Closed"........

so......

Will it work? If you have one did you hook it like Pro Armor says? one wire to ground...one to wire between stator & ignition coil?

DO NOT CONNECT TO THE HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK SIGNAL AFTER THE COIL

I know many of you guys & gals have kill switches & I think Not everyone has those $$$ closed Gunnar switches..
any info greatly appreciated here..
If it is to stator and ignition coil, it is a normally open circuit. One quick way to check, if you have a multimeter, check the resistance with the lanyard in, go from the end of one wire to the other, if it reads 0ohms, you have a closed, if it reads infinite, you have an open. if you dont have a multimeter, you can use a test light, and hook one wire up to a battery, and the other to the light and the light to ground.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Thanks Baxter...Where you been lately? Racing?
Just been busy at work and adding new bits to 700xx . Plus trying to find some bits for it .:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts