Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we were all going riding at a local riverbed,when i pull up at the gas station/meeting spot one of the guys said "hey you changed the plastics"
and i told him i changed more than that, well a guy with a 660 raptor says "its still slow though" then proceeds to tell me that they are going to have to pull me out alot because my quad is so heavy

fast forward to the riding, we are in the sand/pea gravel river bottom, the guy on the raptor was getting stuck at every river crossing, i would come past him effortlessly with my tounge poking out, so later he gets mad and wants to race, we leave from a dig, i stay beside him using about 1/2-3/4 throttle, when we hit 4th gear i gunned it , pulled the wheels up and left him like his fell into reverse. he didnt even want to discuss it and he refuses to talk smack about a 700xx anymore...i also keep getting told how my bike will not hang with 450r's, yet i have never been beat by one or even almost got beat by one out of several i have raced.i think its funny how much smack the uneducated talk without seeing the results first hand.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
that big heavy pig probably cant get out of its own way ect... i know it too well coming from guys with fully built 450r's no sh*t yours is faster u have 3k in your motor but stock im right there on their a$$ but now now its gonna be time to play lets see how they like it! im right there with ya.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I like the discussions I have with friends about he irs. All of them except one said they didn't care for the irs, there bike is the best trail. Until I have to stop and help them over a log, or through a rutted creek etc. Then they never say it again.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have a rule, if I am out riding and people talk shit about the IRS, I will not help them at all. If they talk a lot of shit about it, I usually spray them. If they actually ride it and just say they don't like it because it is different, but don't talk shit, I will help them out all day. It amazes me no matter how many people i beat in the scrambles, the amount of people that still talk shit. Last race was the best as every single person got stuck, except for me, and the 4x4s.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ppl did not believe me when i told em my xx was stock after winning my first mx race. good feeling..

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I just get "the look" and some bitchin ,get it from almost everyone around me on the start line. Thing that makes me laugh is , there is only a few racers still smiling after 3 hours and one guy with a wicked ass grin. The biggest help with set up has been the 4x4 guys. They have a heart of gold but would use as traction whilst racing. I don't share Chucks theory , when racing if there is a fallen rider , I ask him if he/she is ok. I hope when I get it wrong ,they would do the same for me .:D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Lee, i should clarify my statement. I mean when people are stuck in the mud, I wont help them at all if they are the ones that talk crap about the XX. A fallen rider is completely different.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Haha. I hear ya. I have two good friends with 700r's they never drop the topic of how heavy the 700xx's are. They refer to them as "the fat girls". All's I hear is how terrible our quads are and how great theirs are. Meanwhile my brother, best friend, and I all have 700xx's and beat them in almost every aspect during a ride.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Isnt that amazing? I have a buddy with a Raptor 700 and he tries to give xx700xx and I shit all the time but same thing. We have beat him multiple times in drag races and can leave him in the dust in the trail. Yet even though we have the races on video he wont admit he loses. Its just funny

·
Registered
258 Posts
what is it with most people with raptors, they refuse to believe that there is another bike that even comes close to theirs, i know the 700xx is heavy, pushes through tight corners and will never be brilliant for motorcross, but for enduro and tecnical trails im forever stopping and waiting for my 2 mates with the 700r's, and then when it turnes into a drag race i hose them through 1st,2nd,3rd and into 4th then when its clear i have beten them i get off the gas, sit back and then have them come flying past me and apparently they beat me. is it just me or does going past someone when the race is clearly over not count as winning

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
what is it with most people with raptors, they refuse to believe that there is another bike that even comes close to theirs, i know the 700xx is heavy, pushes through tight corners and will never be brilliant for motorcross, but for enduro and tecnical trails im forever stopping and waiting for my 2 mates with the 700r's, and then when it turnes into a drag race i hose them through 1st,2nd,3rd and into 4th then when its clear i have beten them i get off the gas, sit back and then have them come flying past me and apparently they beat me. is it just me or does going past someone when the race is clearly over not count as winning
I believe they call that "the loser fly by." Bwahahahahhahahah
If a raptor loses they have every excuse known to man why it happened. My friends blue raptor destroys me because its lighter and has a built motor. Simpple power to weight logic. I don't complain and say he was in a better lane which is the most recent excuse I've heard. Lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we rode another river bottom yesterday, the guy with the 660 raptor from my first story was there except on his 400ex this time.told me he didnt bring the raptor because it gets stuck too much and that i would have the same problem.....i didnt get stuck a single time, he got stuck alot, we were riding in 8-12" of water with a sand bottom.he would hit a sink spot and his bike would bog and die, mine would stand straight up on the back wheels and climb all the way out of the slush in a wheelie.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here is another one. Trail 16 at coal creek a couple weeks ago. The was a muddy rutted out hill climb. When I got there the trail was blocked. There was a quad with all four wheels high centered in the ruts. After a few minutes I went up there and helped him out. Picked it up out of the ruts. Now its my turn. Got a good run at it. Cleared the face rock at the top with all four. Mine never slowed in the ruts or even touched the skids. Everybody was standing at the top with this amazed look on their face. The guy filming was so dissappointed I didn't get stuck that he just turned his camera off as I shouted "now that's how its done". No one can ever believe what the xx can do.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is another one. Trail 16 at coal creek a couple weeks ago. The was a muddy rutted out hill climb. When I got there the trail was blocked. There was a quad with all four wheels high centered in the ruts. After a few minutes I went up there and helped him out. Picked it up out of the ruts. Now its my turn. Got a good run at it. Cleared the face rock at the top with all four. Mine never slowed in the ruts or even touched the skids. Everybody was standing at the top with this amazed look on their face. The guy filming was so dissappointed I didn't get stuck that he just turned his camera off as I shouted "now that's how its done". No one can ever believe what the xx can do.

its hilarious when they have to rock the bike back and forth to get a wheel to touch and i can just ride through it like a caddillac.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah but can't place it right now. Let me ponder it a couple days.:confused:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Yeah but can't place it right now. Let me ponder it a couple days.:confused:
i drove down to coal creek at the end of last year (very begining of november i think it was), im sure youve heard of and know the stairway or stair way to heaven? or whatever its called im sure it has a hundred different names. anyway have you attempted it yet on the xx? i climbed it while i was there, i came up over everysingle rock ledge on two wheels standing on the grab bar, it was EFFING AMAZING!!!!!! the most challenging adrenaline filled climb ive ever done. as i stated somewhere else on here, it is the pinnacle of my atving carrer. anyway when we first got too it we stopped at the bottom some other guys came by and were laughing at me on my ''Pig" and all the normal bullshit slow heavy shitty steering/shocks blah blah blah i asked one of em if they were goin up he said nah not today i did make it up that before tho on my old yfz or some bullshit story then they took off on there way. and one guy in my group was like alright lets see the xx climb that!!! clearly a challenge so at first i said "ahhh i dont know about all that", next thing i know i had my helmet back on and was wheeling over the first ledge!!!!! lol by the time i had got up it there was a audience of about 15 people watching, and low and behold the group of guys that passed us and were talking shit to the xx and me were the first ones i saw. as i was celebrating my victory they started walking towards me i heard one guy say "oh shit thats that honda" all 4 of em turned around with out saying a word to me mounted up and rode off. needless to say i never crossed their path again but man it would have been fun to rub that in his face!!!!! lol

man i bit it on one of the roads goin up the mountain at like 3 in the morning drunk and at like 45mph was trapt in the dust cloud from one of my buddies and got off the road a hair around a turn. my left lower a arm caught a boulder and spun the bike throwing me and busting up two a arms and my radiator when it flipped (the boulder got wedged up in there somehow and bent the shit out of it and it was spraying fluid). as grumpus knows on one side of those roads is a rock wall like 600 ft up and the other a sheer cliff like 600 ft dow. if i woulda hit the rock on the other side of the road..............

1 - 20 of 24 Posts