Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I think the deal I found is worth it to go with the 700xx over any other deal I was looking at. It ended up that the e-bay deal was already sold, and no local dealers would come even close to matching the price.

So the used one has just a couple hours on it and is bone stock. He is going to sell it to me for $4,500, then I pay $55 for title and tax.

I am going to end up with a basically new black/red 2008 700xx with a little over a month warranty left for $4,555 TOTAL.

I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and gals!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, what area you located?

·
Registered
52 Posts
So, I think the deal I found is worth it to go with the 700xx over any other deal I was looking at. It ended up that the e-bay deal was already sold, and no local dealers would come even close to matching the price.

So the used one has just a couple hours on it and is bone stock. He is going to sell it to me for $4,500, then I pay $55 for title and tax.

I am going to end up with a basically new black/red 2008 700xx with a little over a month warranty left for $4,555 TOTAL.

I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and gals!
Wow , the guy had it for almost a year and only put 2 hours on it. Sounds like a screaming deal:yay:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy said that he doesn't have any were to ride anymore, and he thinks his wife might have gotten spooked or scared when riding with him on a different ATV. Feel a little bad for the guy with how much he is loosing (I assume), but I am really glad I will be able to pick one of these up for a good deal!
Now I need to look into what nerf's are best. I don't plan to add much, but figure the nerf would be smart for safety.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not :( I have the link to the ad (just search 700xx if it doesn't go to it, it's the only one listed). I have talked with the guy a few times. I am taking a bit of a risk, but we will see how it goes! He said that it still has most of the little tire nipple things on it.
http://www.tradinpost.com/index.html

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Looks pretty clean!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So this is how little it was used - still has the lines on the tires ;) I posted another pic in the new members section.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Congrats! I take it you got home with it? GO RIDE!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are just trying to get me to freak out - that would be my luck though!
BTW, while I was picking it up, we saw a Antonov Av-225 airplane (didn't know what it was, had to look it up). IT IS THE LARGEST AIRPLANE IN THE WORLD! I think it is even the only one in the world, in Peoria, IL! Crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Even the exhaust can is still shiny black, any plans for it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For now I just plan to get nerf bars (not sure which ones - suggestions?) Possibly front bumper. I don't think I will be doing much else. Once I get some seat time, I may crave some performance upgrades, but I am guessing that I will be good for a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found the Honda ones on www.masoncityhonda.com for $199.99. Not sure about shipping from them, etc. Seems like a good deal. Do I really NEED to get ones with the heel guards also? (I realize the Honda ones do not)

·
Registered
243 Posts
no you don't need to get the one'swith heel guards. If you want to see what the Honda ones look like with the OEM heel guards, 5WOP3 (Jeff) has some posted somewhere on this site. They look pretty sweet!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
no you don't need to get the one'swith heel guards. If you want to see what the Honda ones look like with the OEM heel guards, 5WOP3 (Jeff) has some posted somewhere on this site. They look pretty sweet!!
Yep, go check either the picture section and look for my "4x4 700xx" thread or my "end all tire thread"...thread. However... I will be selling my honda nerfs. Nothing is wrong with them, but I am going to the Pro Armor Fat Peg - in black. Mainly cause they have a heelgaurd and are black and will fit my theme better. PM me if you want mine, i'll give you a good deal on them and the webbing will be on already, I hear that's a pain to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts