Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Feb 2012 issue of ATV Action mag... Inside, there is an article "2012 Sport ATV Buyer's Guide" The very first quad is our 700xx! I'm confused because I was not aware that Honda was putting out a 2012 700xx. Do they know something that we don't?

roadkill

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I just got the Feb 2012 issue of ATV Action mag... Inside, there is an article "2012 Sport ATV Buyer's Guide" The very first quad is our 700xx! I'm confused because I was not aware that Honda was putting out a 2012 700xx. Do they know something that we don't?

roadkill
Are they claiming it to be a 2012? I was at the dealership about a week ago and was told that Honda isn't making a 2012 700XX.

I hope they are gonna start making them again though!!! Keep us posted please!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ive seen parts listed for a 2012 700XX but unless they are just labeling them as 2012 then there arent new ones that I know of

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Are they claiming it to be a 2012? I was at the dealership about a week ago and was told that Honda isn't making a 2012 700XX.

I hope they are gonna start making them again though!!! Keep us posted please!

(edited reply)
Actually, they are. I'm including a pic of the cover of the mag where they say that the quads in the buyers guide are 2012 models. They also repeat this inside...

roadkill

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Subscribing!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
But that list doesn't answer the question of why the mag would list the 700xx as a new 2012 model.

roadkill

Now today I get my mail, and I have a add from local Honda Dealer. On front it has some sale stuff and a add saying visit us at the "2012 Ohio Boat & RV Show. And theres a great big picture of a trx700! I went to Boat & RV web site and theres photos there too? That said I still dont belive there 2012 models, but I dunno. Heres the links...

http://www.ohiorvandboatshow.com/Home.html

http://www.ohiorvandboatshow.com/ATVs_&_Motorcycles.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
wouldn't Honda themselves be listing a 2012 model? That being said, they don't so MAYBE 2013? as for now I think we may have only two years 08/09...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just hope they make them for a few years at least. The xx is one underated quad, I wouldn't ride anything else right now.
Why would they keep the 400ex and not the 700xx anyways, it wouldn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To All,
I saw it in the latest ATV Action (The first quad on the left bottom of page at the beginning of the Honda Products for 2012). It states that it now has 4 wheel disk brakes but available in the same colors as before but including the black special (imbedded graphics) from 2009.
Really confusing.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sid

·
Registered
190 Posts
As long as it got the Red and Black I'm fine with everything else :p Hope they make some 2013 because thats what I'll be buying again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know i will be buying another one.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To All,
I saw it in the latest ATV Action (The first quad on the left bottom of page at the beginning of the Honda Products for 2012). It states that it now has 4 wheel disk brakes but available in the same colors as before but including the black special (imbedded graphics) from 2009.
Really confusing.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sid
Actually, it doesn't say 4 wheel disk brakes. I think the confusion is in how they list features. As in:
Brakes: (f/r)..... dual disk/disk. So, what is listed is the same as what was available in the 2009 model.

But, I'm still confused.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Actually, it doesn't say 4 wheel disk brakes. I think the confusion is in how they list features. As in:
Brakes: (f/r)..... dual disk/disk. So, what is listed is the same as what was available in the 2009 model.

But, I'm still confused.

roadkill
roadkill,
I thought (f/r) meant front and rear but your keen observation is correct. Line does mean front (dual disk) and after the line means rear single disk.
Wow!! Yes, I'm am still confused.:nuts::nuts:
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
roadkill,
I thought (f/r) meant front and rear but your keen observation is correct. Line does mean front (dual disk) and after the line means rear single disk.
Wow!! Yes, I'm am still confused.:nuts::nuts:
Sid
Yeah Sid, if it actually said that it had 4 wheel disk brakes, it would be a NEW feature and would be an indicator of an actual new model. I thought it was important to point that out to keep us all on the same page.... confused.

roadkill

·
Registered
671 Posts
No confusion here, there is not a 2012 TRX700XX. Mags may say it, but either it is a misprint or they don't know what they are talking about. The first place you will see any info on a new 700XX is on Honda's website, and currently, it only lists the 08/09's. Honda has always liked to keep tight lipped on stuff. Sure, there may be a few rumors before that, but the first "offical" news will be from Honda.

I really think Honda will build the 700XX again. After all, they still list them on their website. How many of your local dealers can still get a new 700XX? They have been sold out around here for almost a year. Last March I spoke to the local dealer and they said they can't even get one, Honda has no more to give. If they had no intention of making them again, why keep the old model on the website? Problem is, since there was only two years built, I would hold my breath for any new updates for the next model. I would expect Honda to still sell the same thing for another year or two to test the waters. Depending on how they then sell will determine the future of the 700XX.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I think of it this way , when Wayne and Josh enter a desert race and the heading is "Matlock Racing #1A - TRX450r" then the 700xx is done. Until then have some faith and keep doing what youre doing. The xx is as much fun as you allow it to be.
I hope on a "Red" wing and a prayer , Honda won't let us down. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts