Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as some of you may have heard, I just put money down on my 700XX to hold it and get things rolling. With that being said, it's time to talk accessories. First thing I plan on doing is exhaust. I really like the look and sound of the HMFs, I just wondering if it's worth the extra cash to spring for the Ballance series rather than the Sport. I've found both for pretty dang cheap on eBay, $227 for the Sport, $270 for the Ballance and $219 for the Controller. Also, I was wondering if you guys could post some pictures of where you mounted your EFI Controller. Other than that, I am going to throw on some nerfs, front bumper and rear grab bar.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited for this thing. I've been looking at Rocky Mointain and every other parts/accessory place for the past two days. I just can't get it off my mind.

Pipe

Optimizer

Nerfs

Bumper and grab bar

·
Registered
333 Posts
welcome! :yay:

here's my setup as far as power gains go...

FMF Factory 4.1 (which is FMF's elite racing exhaust, spendy but worth it)
Powerbomb header
PCIII
EHS Racing airbox lid
UNI Foam filter

I gotta say i love the FMF setup. Im sure theyre all good, but I only have had the FMF so thats what i know and I absolutely like it. But if you like LOUD i think theres still a two bros shorty for sale on here somewhere... maybe... it may be gone, not sure??

if ur talking about gettin a dobeck controller... dont. spend the money and get the PCIII or PCV. So far, i've only herd of one guy being able to get the dobeck controller setup right... maybe 2. It's limited for options and future mods. The PCIII or PCV can be setup for anything, anytime.

anywhohaha... just my humble non professional opinion. but if you look at the ppl's signature lines on here... you'll see they have PCIII's actually several members have sold their dobeck (HMF, FMF, juice box) controllers so they could step up to the PCIII... which is superbly (is that a word, i just made it up if it isnt :lmao:) better.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not familiar with the PCIII. I've seen it talked about, but I don't know what it is. Care to explain?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am not familiar with the PCIII. I've seen it talked about, but I don't know what it is. Care to explain?

www.powercommander.com

its a fully adjustable controller. smooth, scuzz, 5WOP, ne one who knows... maybe you can help out if i miss some explaining.

you can adjust the fuel mix, lean and rich, with this unit, in increments of 250rpms and about every 10% in throttle position.

Basically, you can add/drop whatever you want to the bike (intake UNI, K&N, etc., exhaust FMF, HMF, 2Bros, etc.) and then re-adjust the PCIII to gain the most effective power, uhhh dyno required perferably.

pic of the PCIII map adjusting screen. a + number is the percentage richer over stock and a - number is % lean under stock.

the dobecks are preprogrammed and limited in adjustment. from what i understand you can only go richer with a dobeck.

hope that helps :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard is it to use? Seems rather complicated for the everyday rider, also a bit pricey.

·
Registered
333 Posts
its not hard at all. i never used one b4 i got the xx. load the software on a laptop (i had to borrow a buddies laptop) plug it into the PCIII on the bike after its been installed, and load a map.

i had a map made by bo emailed to me from this site. saved the map from email to my pc, then opened it with the laptop and took it to the bike and whaaa laaah.

the screen shot there is for those who care to make there own adjustments... ride it... check it... adjust.... ride... check and so on until they are happy.

option 2... dyno it.

option three... run the bo map which seems to be pretty right on for the big 3.

however, after memorial day, im sendin my pipe out to have a dent fixed, and sometime in june im hoping to get a dyno tune. a few ppl here have mentioned they would kick in 10 or 15 on the tune. and i think this would be the first map spread around on here thats actually a dyno with the big 3 installed. im not sure how bo made the bo map, but it does work well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yah im already on the big 3 now. Plus there is a guy in town that has a quad dyno (ATV shop on Lamb and Graig). If he owns a wide band i can prob tune the quad since i tune Cars and Airplanes.

I got the HMF pipe its loud also...and removable spark arrestor is nice also.

PCIII and Velocity Airfilter with a sock.

But what made the quad really wake up IMO is better tires...the Quad really turns nice after that.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Yah im already on the big 3 now. Plus there is a guy in town that has a quad dyno (ATV shop on Lamb and Graig). If he owns a wide band i can prob tune the quad since i tune Cars and Airplanes.

I got the HMF pipe its loud also...and removable spark arrestor is nice also.

PCIII and Velocity Airfilter with a sock.

But what made the quad really wake up IMO is better tires...the Quad really turns nice after that.
What tires did you go with up front?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is the best place to pick up one for a decent price?

·
Registered
60 Posts
On my 700xx I've installed a slip on FMF Q4 and a DynoJet Power Commander and made my 700xx a beast!! I'm going to wait until my rear tires wears out then I'm going to install a Maxxis Razr tires on my 700xx.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What tires did you go with up front?
got the 22 inch maxxis razr 2 for the front and 22 inch Razr in the rear.

I also just installed the Sonic rear sway...im going to say that it does help..more then people think. And i think once matched with the right spring rates the quad will out handle anything out there.

The rear sway add more predictabilty in turns because of the slightly stiffer rate in the rear, but not to a point where the bike is unstable at the top of 5th gear on very uneven/unpredictable terrain. I know it helped because i could push the bike harder then before.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll look into the Power Commander. If I do go with just an optimizer instead, the bike will still run fine, right?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It would really be best to just get the PCIII

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I can find one for a decent price, I will. I've got a pretty tight budget and have it all lined up pretty close to perfect right now.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Power commander has a new version coming soon...you could wait till it comes out. Some will sell their PCIII's to move to the new one....just a thought.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I can get one from FuelMoto for $260, I might be able to do it. New tires are something that I was definitely planing on doing. I hate the Dunlops the come on them. I have to get some paddles first, though, so I'll just wait until I wear down the stock ones.

·
Registered
425 Posts
the stock one will wear fast...at least mine did. And thats with riding it on pavement twice since i owned it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah my friend had them on his Outlaw and they were practically bald in two months. Really don't get why Honda can't put a half-way decent tire on it. I know the Dunlops are probably dirt cheap, but I'd gladly pay the little extra for some ITP or Maxxis tires.

Also, FuelMoto has the PCIII for $271 shipped. Should be able to get that into my budget.

·
Registered
425 Posts
nice....you will be happy that you did

1 - 20 of 33 Posts