Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's happanin fellas? Just became a member today but I've been reading on the site for a while and just wanted to say thanks to everybody for all the information you guys provide!

Anyway Thank you:yay: Glad to be a member

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I should give some details, sorry I'm a little slow...

So bought my 08 700xx early this year, love everything about it except the crappy rims which I can see from the forum I'm not the only one. Anyway never really planned on doing any mods to it before I got on the forum here. About a month ago I slid off the trail in a corner and caught a stump with my rear tire in 3rd gear, I got off lucky with some colorful bruises and some stitches but the bike not so much...new steering column, steering linkage, a couple a-arms etc etc...and some new ITP tires/rims I hopefully will be picking it up tomorrow. Other then that I'm from northern Maryland and do most of my riding in southern Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scuzz and Logme

I ride in Michaux state park when i can get up there

·
Registered
187 Posts
How is Michaux? It`s real close to me (about 45 min) Thought about checking it out if I can ever get away from my house building project.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey man, you outa give Rausch Creek/Tower City a try with the wife and I this coming weekend.... you cant beat the XX with the terrain thats up there... $50 for the day, its pricey but well worth the free rain over 8500 acres. Been a member since 2002.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man, you outa give Rausch Creek/Tower City a try with the wife and I this coming weekend.... you cant beat the XX with the terrain thats up there... $50 for the day, its pricey but well worth the free rain over 8500 acres. Been a member since 2002.

My buddy and I were actually talking about going up there and then we heard that it was closed. Can you shed some light on that? Also if it is still open do you have to go with a member or can you just go by yourself?

Unfortunately I won't have a free weekend until Nov 14 to ride again but I am chomping at the bit since I just got my bike back last saturday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How is Michaux? It`s real close to me (about 45 min) Thought about checking it out if I can ever get away from my house building project.

Michaux is pretty good, the "easy" trails are really all my buddy and I ride anymore. When we first started going up there we did some intermediate trails and 2 trips were cut short because of messed up rims. I'm hoping to install a 13T sprocket to help with the rocky trails, it gets tiring on and off the clutch. Anyway, they are closed right now for hunting season and they open back up on Dec 13th. When we plan our next trip up there I'll let you know logme!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll let ya know when we go up in Nov, wont be b4 the 14th. There is no more day riding, you have to be with a member, they are very much open though!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll let ya know when we go up in Nov, wont be b4 the 14th. There is no more day riding, you have to be with a member, they are very much open though!

Sounds good to me, try and give me some notice but I would be interested in coming to check it out for sure.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Going to Burning rock in WV on Nov 12th through the 14th

Me and a bunch of friends are going to Burning Rock in WV. Riding, (2) TRX 700xx, trx 400, trx300, trx 250. Burning rock is unbelievable to ride. Very long and tons of different terrain and an open bowl play ground. There is a small track also. Come and join for a ton of fun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Me and a bunch of friends are going to Burning Rock in WV. Riding, (2) TRX 700xx, trx 400, trx300, trx 250. Burning rock is unbelievable to ride. Very long and tons of different terrain and an open bowl play ground. There is a small track also. Come and join for a ton of fun.
I wish I could take off work and hopefully I will be able too next year but I don't have any vacation right now so I'm limited to sat/sun riding. Thanks for the invite thought Nasty700xx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts